Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  User Az Cache Size parameter in Policy Server Management Console

Posted Oct 23, 2019 07:37 AM
    Hi All,

We have SiteMinder policy server 12.8 and I am trying to set User Az Cache Size parameter in Policy Server Management Console to 336 MB based on the formula (entries * .000062) +  1 that I found in CA docs. But, after setting it, when I re-open the Management console, the value again appear to be defaulted to 0. Can someone suggest is there something that I am missing.

Thanks,
    Ankur Arora

• 2.  RE: User Az Cache Size parameter in Policy Server Management Console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2019 10:40 AM
    Hi Ankur , are you on Windows OS ? please make sure you start the smconsole with "run as Administrator" .
    These can also be changed directly from Netegrity siteminder Registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Netegrity\SiteMinder\CurrentVersion\Ds\DsCacheParms

Registry Key --> Ds\DsCacheParms
    Value Name --> DsInfoEnabled,DsInfoMaxSizeMB,DsInfoTimeoutSeconds

you can set it directly in DsInfoMaxSizeMB

Thank you 
    Joe

• 3.  RE: User Az Cache Size parameter in Policy Server Management Console

Posted Oct 24, 2019 06:13 AM
    Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply. I am running smconsole using Administrator only. I tried making the changes directly in registry. It changed in the registry but, when I am viewing it through the management console, the value still appears to be 0. Kindly suggest, is it the ideal behavior or I am missing something.

Thanks,
    Ankur

• 4.  RE: User Az Cache Size parameter in Policy Server Management Console
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2019 09:01 AM
    Hi Ankur ,

Looks like a Bug to me if smconsole cannot read the correct value from registry .
    Please open a case with Support and provide version with build along with OS so they can look into this further for you 

Regards
     Joe

• 5.  RE: User Az Cache Size parameter in Policy Server Management Console

Posted Oct 25, 2019 05:14 PM
    Ankur, did you close and re-launch smconsole after making the change directly in the registry?  That might help.

Rich

• 6.  RE: User Az Cache Size parameter in Policy Server Management Console

Posted Oct 28, 2019 06:19 AM
    Hi Rich,

I tried it but it didn't worked.

Thanks,
    Ankur