Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Accessing the CA SSO WamUI is giving 404 error.

Posted Apr 18, 2019 07:34 AM

Hello Experts,

I started the wamui (standalone.sh)  , however its giving 404 error while accessing it.

I don't see any error as such in the server.log, however No message is recorded after the below message:

2019-04-18 06:30:01,218 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015961: Http management interface listening on http://127.0.0.1:9990/management
    2019-04-18 06:30:01,219 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015954: Admin console is not enabled
    2019-04-18 06:30:01,219 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015874: WildFly 8.2.0.Final "Tweek" started in 3930ms - Started 248 of 300 services (102 services are lazy, passive or on-demand)

I tried restarting by stopping by this command ./jboss-cli.sh -c --command=:shutdown  followed by standalone.sh.

However It didn't make any difference, I can see the process of adminui running in ps -ef | grep adminui*.

Any inputs on what else we should be looking for?

Version:=12.80.0.1761

Accessing URL : http://<HostName>:8080/iam/siteminder/adminui 

• 2.  Re: Accessing the CA SSO WamUI is giving 404 error.

Posted Apr 19, 2019 02:00 AM

Hi, need more info to troubleshoot.

Is it a new install? You ran the installation for both the prereq and the adminui binaries in that sequence? Was it working before and suddenly stopped working? Any errors when you did the XPSRegClient command?

• 3.  Re: Accessing the CA SSO WamUI is giving 404 error.

Posted Apr 19, 2019 04:05 AM

Hello Zen,

Thanks for reply. it was working before and yes the sequence was proper.

• 4.  Re: Accessing the CA SSO WamUI is giving 404 error.

Posted Apr 19, 2019 03:24 PM

Hi Satyendra,

Do you at least have these in the deployment folder?

castylesr5.1.1.ear
    castylesr5.1.1.ear.deployed
    iam_siteminder.ear
    iam_siteminder.ear.deployed

If somehow the files/folder in here are gone or corrupted, you're better off uninstalling and reinstalling adminui.

But before that you can try and re-register the Admin UI by following these steps.

1. Delete the contents of <adminui_home>\standalone\data
    2. Delete the contents of <adminui_home>\standalone\tmp
    3. Delete the contents of <adminui_home>\standalone\log
    4. if there's no log folder, create it.
    5. Make sure the Siteminder Policy Service is started
    6. XPSRegClient siteminder -adminui-setup
    7. Enter admin password twice
    8. You should be able to start adminui as per normal <- although CA documentation forgot to mention how to start adminui in linux. https://docops.ca.com/ca-single-sign-on/12-8/en/configuring/policy-server-configuration/start-the-administrative-ui-and-manage-objects - I share my step up script below this post in case you're interested. 
    9. tail (this may take awhile) the server.log until you see ---- CA IAM FW Startup Sequence Complete. ----
    10. Go to your http://<HostName>:8080/iam/siteminder/adminui <- didn't you enable ssl during pre-req setup? I always use https with 8443
    11. Enter your username and password as well as policy server hostname then submit.
    12. This will take a while, sometimes the first authentication may even fail. try again. It usually works the second time for me.

Off topic:

I didn't create a linux service. all I did was use a script that uses nohup to call standalone.sh

1. Create a startup script called "start_admin_ui.sh" that logs the startup sequence output as well as allowing it to run in the background. The script should be placed in the adminui bin folder.
    e.g.
    <adminui_home>/bin

content of script:

pkill -f adminui
    sleep 5
    mv ../standalone/log/smAdminUI-Console.log ../standalone/log/smAdminUI-Console.log.`date '+%y%m%d_%H%M'`

nohup ./standalone.sh > ../standalone/log/smAdminUI-Console.log &

2. Make the script executable

chmod 700 start_admin_ui.sh

3. Start the Application Server by navigating to <adminui_home>/bin and run the script you just created.

./start_admin_ui.sh

• 5.  Re: Accessing the CA SSO WamUI is giving 404 error.

Posted Apr 22, 2019 06:03 AM

Thanks for the reply, Zen.

In the deployment directory, Instead of  castylesr5.1.1.ear.deployed , and  iam_siteminder.ear.deployed, I can see below 2 files :

castylesr5.1.1.ear.undeployed , and  iam_siteminder.ear.undeployed.

Does it mean, it got corrupted?

Do we have any other option than re-installing WAMUI?

Thanks in Advance

• 6.  Re: Accessing the CA SSO WamUI is giving 404 error.

Posted Apr 22, 2019 06:25 AM

Hi Satyendra,

if it says undeployed, it usually means it didn't work the first time you do startup after installation and it's most probably due to a permissions issue. Hope you didn't do installation using root.

See here for possible solution.

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/when-starting-adminui-it-is-getting-hung-and-we-cannot-access-the-console/kb000072181

Basically make sure the user you use to run adminui has read and write permissions all through the standalone folder and all its subfolder tree.

e.g. assuming the user account is smuser.

chown -R smuser:smuser <adminui_home>/standalone

then do the rest of the steps detailed in the link above.

Good luck.

regards,

Zen

• 7.  Re: Accessing the CA SSO WamUI is giving 404 error.

Posted Apr 22, 2019 12:40 PM

Thanks Zen.

I tried to follow that article, and created 2 files iam_siteminder.ear.dodeploy and castylesr5.1.1.ear.dodeploy in the deployment directory. I just made them using touch, hence they are 0 Kb files.

however after the restart, its failing with below message in the server.log:

it looks like it is searching for other .dodeploy files corresponding to the other ear files in iam_siteminder.ear.

2019-04-22 12:12:06,346 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015003: Found iam_siteminder_identityminder_ejb.jar in deployment directory. To trigger deployment create a file called iam_siteminder_identityminder_ejb.jar.dodeploy
    2019-04-22 12:12:06,346 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015003: Found management_console.war in deployment directory. To trigger deployment create a file called management_console.war.dodeploy
    2019-04-22 12:12:06,346 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015003: Found user_console.war in deployment directory. To trigger deployment create a file called user_console.war.dodeploy
    2019-04-22 12:12:06,346 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015003: Found sso-restapi-services.war in deployment directory. To trigger deployment create a file called sso-restapi-services.war.dodeploy
    2019-04-22 12:12:06,346 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015003: Found workflow.rar in deployment directory. To trigger deployment create a file called workflow.rar.dodeploy
    2019-04-22 12:12:06,346 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015003: Found castylesr5.1.1.ear in deployment directory. To trigger deployment create a file called castylesr5.1.1.ear.dodeploy
    2019-04-22 12:12:06,346 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015003: Found iam_siteminder.ear in deployment directory. To trigger deployment create a file called iam_siteminder.ear.dodeploy
    2019-04-22 12:12:06,346 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015003: Found iam_siteminder_wpServer.jar in deployment directory. To trigger deployment create a file called iam_siteminder_wpServer.jar.dodeploy
    2019-04-22 12:12:06,346 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015003: Found api-doc.war in deployment directory. To trigger deployment create a file called api-doc.war.dodeploy
    2019-04-22 12:12:06,346 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015003: Found policyserver.rar in deployment directory. To trigger deployment create a file called policyserver.rar.dodeploy
    2019-04-22 12:12:06,346 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015003: Found sso-security-services.war in deployment directory. To trigger deployment create a file called sso-security-services.war.dodeploy
    2019-04-22 12:12:06,346 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015010: The deployment scanner found a directory named META-INF that was not inside a directory whose name ends with .ear, .jar, .rar, .sar or .war. This is likely the result of unzipping an archive directly inside the /apps/CA/siteminder/adminui/standalone/deployments directory, which is a user error. The META-INF directory will not be scanned for deployments, but it is possible that the scanner may find other files from the unzipped archive and attempt to deploy them, leading to errors.
    2019-04-22 12:12:06,377 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 18) JBAS014613: Operation ("add") failed - address: ([("deployment" => "smjavasdk2.jar")]) - failure description: "JBAS014803: Duplicate resource [(\"deployment\" => \"smjavasdk2.jar\")]"
    2019-04-22 12:12:06,381 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread) "JBAS014784: Failed executing subsystem deployment-scanner boot operations"

• 8.  Re: Accessing the CA SSO WamUI is giving 404 error.

Posted Apr 22, 2019 02:46 PM

Hi Satyendra,

If you are already using the correct user with the right ownership and you have already confirmed user permission isn't the issue, and the log still shows that it cannot find castylesr5.1.1.ear.dodeploy and iam_siteminder.ear.dodeploy, short of uninstall and reinstalling, I'm not sure how else to advise you. Have you already opened a support ticket?

regards,

Zen

• 9.  RE: Re: Accessing the CA SSO WamUI is giving 404 error.

Posted Jan 28, 2020 07:02 AM
    Hi Experts,
    My problem is similar but a little different. I followed all the above steps and still no luck.
    I have identified the files like below even after TOUCH adding files, even I did Re-installing also.

castylesr5.1.1.ear
    castylesr5.1.1.ear.failed
    iam_siteminder.ear
    iam_siteminder.ear.failed

Even manually added to dodeploy files, but still, it is going to the failed state automatically. Please help me resolving this issue.

Regards,
    Nazeer

------------------------------
    Lead
    ADP
    ------------------------------