Symantec Access Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How to trigger HTTP communication from CA Risk Auth to UDS?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  How to trigger HTTP communication from CA Risk Auth to UDS?

Posted 05-30-2018 06:01 AM

Is there a way to trigger communication from CA Risk Authentication (Riskfort) to UDS? We need to verify that the UDS settings are correct, but we do not see any attempt from CA Risk Authentication to invoke UDS over HTTP connection, as everything seems to be done via DB. We tried to create an organization, user, modify a user, etc., but no luct to initiate HTTP connection. Is there any activity we could perform to make CA Risk Authentication connect to UDS via HTTP?

• 2.  Re: How to trigger HTTP communication from CA Risk Auth to UDS?
    Best Answer

Posted 05-31-2018 06:01 AM

I am not sure that I understood your query completely.

Here is my advice: Whenever you make a call to risk related method like evaluate risk, it calls UDS operation using Webservice methodology.

i.e. Use Risk Auth Sample Application ( OOTB application provided by the product) and perform evaluate risk  

you will see following message in "$ARCOT_HOME\logs\arcotriskfort.log"

Thu May 31 02:44:14.495 2018 INFO: pid 8004 tid 10640: 2: 1:27002: UDS Log : Successfully retrieved the user [SKTESTUSER01] for organization [LDAPTESTORG]

Also check for the following message in "$ARCOT_HOME\logs\arcotuds.log"

2018-05-31 02:44:14,420 PDT : [http-nio-18080-exec-13] : INFO : usermgmt.ws.ArcotUserRegistrySvcSkeleton : [null] : [null] : User SKTESTUSER01 (Organization: LDAPTESTORG) retrieved successfully. UDS transactionId: 1e7908aa-d96e-493e-bf91-676d580ed767

Negative Test:

If you stop the UDS service and perform the same operation, you will notice a UNKNOWNUSER rule influence the risk advice.

• 3.  Re: How to trigger HTTP communication from CA Risk Auth to UDS?

Posted 05-31-2018 06:53 AM

Great, thank you! We will follow your steps.

• 4.  Re: How to trigger HTTP communication from CA Risk Auth to UDS?

Posted 05-31-2018 01:34 PM

To test RiskAuth to UDS connectivity, you need to create LDAP organization and perform Risk operations. All user information will be gathered through UDS for LDAP org. If you use DB organization, all calls will go to DB directly. In this case you won't see any errors even if you stop UDS service.