Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Activate/De-Activate partnership using API

Posted Aug 30, 2018 07:39 PM

Is it possible to Activate/DeActivate a partnership on R12.52 SP1 POlicy Server using API?

• 2.  Re: Activate/De-Activate partnership using API
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2018 11:22 AM

I don't think R12.52 SP1 federation API's has got capability to activate/deactivate partnership.

However starting from R12.7 onwards you could find much enhanced REST API's to perform almost all the admin activities via API. Again specific to your requirement, I have not explored this yet, I will let you go through the doc or will let others answer here for you.

REST API Reference Documentation - CA Single Sign-On - 12.8 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Activate/De-Activate partnership using API

Posted Sep 06, 2018 09:32 AM

It is possible to deactivate a partnership with the 12.7 (and newer) REST API.

In the FedSPPartnership or FedIdPPartnership object, there will be a "status" attribute.

The values supported are: Active, Inactive, and Defined.

Active:  Partnership is active and in use.

Inactive: Partnership is inactive and will not be used.

Defined: Partnership was recently created/modified and is not active or in use.

Note: There was a defect in 12.7.0 that did not allow the modification of Federation Partnership objects when the Policy Store was upgraded directly to 12.7 from a previous version. This was fixed in 12.7.1 and later.