Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Adv Auth: Auto promote a group of users as administrator.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 09, 2018 12:11 AM

Is there a way to promote a group of users automatically as administrator ( helpdesk or organization administrator) in CA Advance Authentication Admin console.

If there is no direct way then are there some reference DB queries than can be executed in a batch process to promotes list of users in one go.

• 2.  Re: Adv Auth: Auto promote a group of users as administrator.
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 15, 2018 05:36 PM

Hi Sravesh,

Unfortunately, at the moment , there is no option to perform bulk promotion of users to administrator.

This can only be done via Admin console by logging in with the user with appropriate previliges.

Promoting a user to Admin is usally a complex setps requiring to set password, choosing orgs etc. 

If required, please create an enhancement request for this.

Regards,

Ujwol

• 3.  Re: Adv Auth: Auto promote a group of users as administrator.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2018 10:21 AM

I think this is a common requirement at customer locations that they want a group of users to be administrators , the group should be mapped to ldap group.

• 4.  Re: Adv Auth: Auto promote a group of users as administrator.

Posted Jan 24, 2018 08:04 PM

I agree, A new enhancement request would be good.

• 5.  Re: Adv Auth: Auto promote a group of users as administrator.

Posted Jan 26, 2018 02:25 PM

i also encourage you to open up the request. my expectation was to set an AD group to be auto-promoted to admins

• 6.  Re: Adv Auth: Auto promote a group of users as administrator.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 26, 2018 04:57 PM

As a work around this can be done by executing SQL statements against  DB directly but it is not a good approach for data integrity and reporting.

• 7.  Re: Adv Auth: Auto promote a group of users as administrator.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 27, 2018 09:07 PM

For me this looks like more of IAM solution where you can add users to the role based on filters. In Advanced Auth we cannot add users to Admin roles where as we need to manually assign admin role to individual users. 

• 8.  Re: Adv Auth: Auto promote a group of users as administrator.

Posted Jan 31, 2018 11:09 AM

I'm assuming OP has not opened an enhancement request, can someone please show me the process and I will open an request

• 9.  Re: Adv Auth: Auto promote a group of users as administrator.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 31, 2018 03:57 PM

I have created an Idea request for this requirement. Product team can evaluate this idea and based on their assessment they can include it in the product road map.

Adv Auth: Auto promote a group of users as administrator.