Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Integrating Siteminder with Identity minder

Posted Dec 19, 2016 07:52 AM

Hi there,

I'm integrating Siteminder with Identity minder 12.5  (both installed on same server).

Going in accordance with the CA KB article located at:  http://search.ca.com/assets/SiteAssets/TEC541585_External/g015931e.pdf ;

I don't have an RDB environment instead i have an AD.

I performed the required changes in ra.xml and web.xml and updated the environment accordingly.

On restarting the server i wan unable to log into the Siteminder Admin UI.

I'm getting the this error :- 

Thanks,

Hridyesh

• 2.  Re: Integrating Siteminder with Identity minder
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2016 04:16 PM

Hi Hridyesh,

Don't know the history of your server, or what has been done prior the change.

If you have verified the admin ui before this integration or not.

There is no reason to think somehow Identity minder 12.5 integration broken admin UI.

Although I highly recommend customer to check with IDM support to be sure they are installing the compatible versions of IDM and Siteminder.

However, the message itself does indicate you have a corrupted installation of admin UI. The content probably is not properly deployed onto JBoss.

We can find a number of cases with exact same error message. In all those cases the solution was to uninstall and re-install the adminUI. Make sure you follow the Siteminder documentation of your version on installing admin ui pre-req and admin ui.

Hongxu

• 3.  Re: Integrating Siteminder with Identity minder

Posted Jan 06, 2017 02:49 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for answering that i am not sure whether i have to re-register the Siteminder AdminUi or re-install the Siteminder AdminUI.?

In case of re-registering the AdminUI, i've already done that.

Can you please provide the link to kb stating the resolution .?

Thanks,

Hridyesh