Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Need sample code to pull all the administrators from siteminder policy store

Posted May 07, 2015 11:49 PM

I need a sample code to pull all the administrators from siteminder policy store using custom code. Please let me knwo if it is possible to obtain all the available administrators from siteminder policy store using policy management API.I know we can use XPSExplorer to get the same. I was searching for custom code to do the same.

Thanks and Regards,

MADHU

• 2.  Re: Need sample code to pull all the administrators from siteminder policy store

Posted May 08, 2015 10:39 AM

Yes, it would be good to have a script to extract this information. Also, if the script can extract the permissions that each Policy Store user has - that would be awesome. We need this for periodic access recertification.

• 3.  Re: Need sample code to pull all the administrators from siteminder policy store

Posted May 08, 2015 03:52 PM

Do you have any sample script.

• 4.  Re: Need sample code to pull all the administrators from siteminder policy store

Posted May 10, 2015 08:36 PM

We don't have API to retrieve all admin objects. However, we have an API to retrieve Admin User permissions

SmAdmin==>GetAdminRights()

getAdminRights

public int getAdminRights()
    Gets the rights of the administrator. Administrator rights are represented by constants beginning with AdminRights.

Returns:
    The rights of the administrator.
    static intAdminRightsManageAllDomains
              The administrator's right to manage system and domain objects.
    static intAdminRightsManageEverything
              The administrator's right to manage everything.
    static intAdminRightsManageKeys
              The administrator's right to manage keys.
    static intAdminRightsManageObjects
              The administrator's right to manage domain objects.
    static intAdminRightsManagePasswordPolicy
              The administrator's right to manage password services.
    static intAdminRightsManageReports
              The administrator's right to view SiteMinder reports.
    static intAdminRightsManageUsers
              The administrator's right to manage users.

• 5.  Re: Need sample code to pull all the administrators from siteminder policy store
    Best Answer

Posted May 10, 2015 08:33 PM

No, unfortunately we don't have any API to get all admin object as of r12.52 SP1.