Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA SiteMinder SPS:

Posted Aug 06, 2015 10:36 AM

Hello,

I am trying to install and configure Siteminder SPS.

When look in logs/server.log I noticed a fatal error:

[06/Aug/2015:10:19:17-490] [INFO] - Initialize: [Agent Configuration = /opt/CA/secure-proxy/sps/proxy-engine/conf/defaultagent/WebAgent.conf][Single Process Mode = true][retcode = -1][Initialized = false]

[06/Aug/2015:10:19:17-491] [FATAL] - [ERROR] Agent for virtual host : default did not initialized properly

[06/Aug/2015:10:19:17-491] [INFO] - omitheaders_without_smsession: sending all headers

[06/Aug/2015:10:19:17-493] [INFO] - Custom Error Pages : Custom error pages is disabled

[06/Aug/2015:10:19:17-494] [INFO] - Custom Error Pages : Using default implementation.

[06/Aug/2015:10:19:17-496] [INFO] - ProxyValve::startMonitoring: SPS_Data_Collection_and_Monitoring: No metric-reporter has been configured

[06/Aug/2015:10:19:33-054] [INFO] - Initialize: [Agent Configuration = /opt/CA/secure-proxy/sps/proxy-engine/conf/defaultagent/WebAgent.conf][Single Process Mode = true][retcode = -1][Initialized = false]

[06/Aug/2015:10:19:33-055] [FATAL] - [ERROR] Agent for virtual host : default did not initialized properly

How can I fix this error? Whats going on here?

Also: I uninstalled SPS, but when I reinstall SPS the installer thinks I'm requesting a new instance. and makes me enter a non-default instance name. How can I fix this? I'd like to have only one SPS instance, and for it to be default.

Thank you!

• 2.  Re: CA SiteMinder SPS:

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 08, 2016 09:46 PM

This error may be a result of failure to initialize SiteMinder's Agent API, i.e. failure to connect the SSO Policy Server. Check that the your SmHost.conf is there and accessible, Use the Administrative UI and confirm that the HostConfigObject has the right server ip. Confirm that the trusted host mentioned in the SmHost.conf file exists in your Policy Store (also using the Administrative UI). In an environment where there are multiple policy server, if you just ran smreghost, make sure you provide for enough time for the replication of this data to reach all the policy servers.

• 3.  Re: CA SiteMinder SPS:

Posted May 02, 2016 10:45 AM

As for the new instance issue...

Check one level up from the directory SPS is installed in.  If there is an etc directory, you may need to delete that (check the contents to be sure).  That is where SPS stores the instance information, and does not get removed with an uninstall.

In my case (Solaris) the directory is /opt/etc (SPS is installed in /opt/ca)