Symantec Access Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Integrating multiple applications to single web agent/proxy server

• 1.  Integrating multiple applications to single web agent/proxy server

Posted Dec 17, 2014 04:53 AM

Hi,

Requirement: I have to implement single sign on between two applications.

For App1, I have installed web agent(installed on apache) on a front end proxy server. And configured with policy server.

My question is:

Can i use the same web agent/proxy server  to configure App2 also.

Like: adding proxy rules to apache configuration file. and same web agent will interrupts the App2 requests also.

will it cause any issues? can we achieve single sign on in this method?

Please any one can clarify this. Thanks in advance

Regards,

Harandh

• 2.  Re: Integrating multiple applications to single web agent/proxy server
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2014 04:42 AM

From a Single Sign-On perspective, yes, you can use the same web agent and front end proxy server for both applications.

However, the question really should be directed at the two application admin teams. If you are using one host name in Apache for both applications, you need to make sure that there are no collisions for the proxy pass rules. I.e. it is always clear from the context root of the URL which application Apache should forward requests to.

If this is not clear, you could use two virtual hosts in Apache, and each virtual host proxies to a different application. If you need SSL, you may need a separate IP address for each virtual host.

You can get away with one IP address if your Apache server, and all your clients, support the "server name indication" extension in TLS. I believe it's supported in Apache 2.2.12 and later. Note, WinXP clients do not support it.

• 3.  Re: Integrating multiple applications to single web agent/proxy server

Posted Dec 19, 2014 12:59 AM

Thanks Pearse for your replay.