Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Error authentication Scheme Update

Posted Feb 02, 2015 04:26 PM

Hello,

I use SiteMinder Administrative UI (Version 12.52.0000.142) and when I try to update or delete an Authentication Scheme I got this error:

Failed to execute DeleteAuthSchemeEvent. ERROR MESSAGE: SmApiWrappedException:Failed to find DD reference

I got these log into smtracedefault.log:

16:21:55,689 ERROR [EventExecuteStateException] Execution of event: DeleteAuthSchemeEvent failed.  Exception encountered: SmApiWrappedException:Failed to find DD reference

16:21:55,689 ERROR [IMSEventController] Error during event execution [4c2bd2c7-53ec4bea-00d0ac06-a44d3afe] DeleteAuthSchemeEvent

16:21:55,758 WARN  [eventlistener] Evt IMTaskEvent:df88996a-dcfd73bc-247529ec-676ef6 is invalid.

My adminui and Policyserver are installed on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.10.

Someone got an idea about that?

Thanks

Denis

• 2.  Re: Error authentication Scheme Update

Posted Feb 02, 2015 11:17 PM

Few questions :

• Have you recently done any upgrade ?
    • Are you able to create a new auth scheme ?
    • Are you getting this error only for some or all of the authentication scheme ?
    • Are you getting this error for an authentication which has not yet been linked to any realm/domain ?

Finally, please provide a screenshot of the list of "related records" for this particular auth scheme using XPSExplorer as follows :

1)Open XPSExplorer by typing XPSExplorer in a cmd prompt on the policy server

2)Select AuthSchemes option number

3)Search for AuthSchemes by selecting S

4)Identify the problematic Authscheme.(Which is not getting deleted from WAMUI) and select that authscheme

5)You will see an option (R - Display Related records )

6)Hit R , it will show all releated Objects

Take a screenshot of the result and attach to this thread.

Answer to above query will help us isolate the problem and provide a relevant solution. In general the error "Failed to find DD reference" is thrown when there are invalid references/links attached to the object.

Cheers,

Ujwol

• 3.  Re: Error authentication Scheme Update

Posted Feb 03, 2015 09:49 AM

Hello Ujwol,

Thank you for your reply

• yes we have upgraded the policy server 6 month ago and the issue appear recently
    • I'm able to create new authentication scheme
    • I'm getting this error when I try to update or delete any authentication schemes
    • The authentication schemes I want to update / delete are not linked to realm or domain

The relationships menu for an AuthScheme are not able to delete.

RELATIONSHIPS MENU.PNG

Thanks for you help,

Denis

• 4.  Re: Error authentication Scheme Update

Posted Feb 03, 2015 08:54 PM

Hi Denis,

As the authentication scheme is not linked with any other object , neither are you getting any error displaying the relationship menu from XPSExplorer, it now looks like a schema corruption issues.

To correct this ,please import "SmMaster.xdd" as KarMeng has suggested :

<SiteMinder Installlocation>\CA\siteminder\xps\dd\XPSDDInstall SmMaster.xdd

Cheers,

Ujwol

• 5.  Re: Error authentication Scheme Update
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 03, 2015 07:45 PM

Hi Denis,

You can try if following helps to resolve the issue.

Re-ran <SiteMinder Installlocation>\CA\siteminder\xps\dd\XPSDDInstall SmMaster.xdd

After that, run xpssweeper and retest if it helps.

Regards,

Kar Meng

• 6.  Re: Error authentication Scheme Update

Posted Feb 05, 2015 09:18 AM

Hello,

Thank you both, the issue is fixed since I have followed the step you suggested to me !

Have a nice day !

Denis