Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Siteminder - Bluecoat SAML integration

Posted Jul 05, 2014 08:32 PM

Hi, everyone!

I have client requesting integration of SiteMinder (12.52) and BlueCoat Proxy SG 6.5.2.1 appliance.

Scenario is like this:

- user logs (using domain account) on windows ws, which is a part of a windows domain. User wants to open internet page,

- instead of typing in domain credentials (and of course, having them remembered inside browser),

- user is redirected by bluecoat (as a SP) to SiteMinder (as a IdP)

- Siteminder uses IWA to create NTLM challenge for user. User is automatically authenticated to SM without need for input (except in case if user is not part of a domain)

-siteminder creates assertion and tada! user is authenticated to bluecoat.

Steps are outlined here on bluecoat site:

https://bto.bluecoat.com/sgos/ProxySG/65/Authentication_WebGuide/Authentication_WebGuide.htm#Topics/Authentication/Tasks…

I have done similar things before, integration should be straight forward, but I have never met with bluecoat before.

Anyone did it? Any suggestions, experiences? Maybe even some run book?

Thanks in advance!

Milan Volar

• 2.  Re: Siteminder - Bluecoat SAML integration

Posted Jul 07, 2014 08:08 AM

Does BlueCoat still have their embedded SDK Agent?

that may be more simplistic, and another option.

I don't see why this would out of the ordinary as a SAML solution though. Just need to work with your BlueCoat team to get the right parameters.

-Josh

• 3.  Re: Siteminder - Bluecoat SAML integration

Posted Aug 14, 2014 08:36 AM

Sorry for keeping you waiting, but client didn't want to use SP-IdP approach for integration so we did it using classic (boring) approach - via BCAAA (BlueCoat AuthNAuthZ Agent) and IWA to automatically pick and pass credentials (of a logged on domain user) to BC Proxy SG.

Milan