Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  SOI Database Forced Encription Support

Posted Feb 28, 2020 10:34 AM
    We have SOI r4.2 and the SOI DB is hosted on Microsoft SQL 2016.  In the SQL servier configuration, SQL Server Network Configuration, Protocols, Properties, if the "Force Encryption" setting is "Yes", SOI is unable to communicate with the database.

Does anyone have a solution for this?  Can the jdbc connection configurations be modified, changed,updated to fix this?

Government STIG requires that all MS SQL instances have "Force Encryption" enabled.

• 2.  RE: SOI Database Forced Encription Support

Posted Oct 13, 2020 07:59 PM
    My questions are still open.  I don't know if someone has determined how to modify the jdbc configuration, to allow SQL forced encryption, but perhaps someone has.  If product management for SOI is going to provide a timely solution, or not, that would be helpful to know.  SOI may not be important enough to provide a solution since it's now an old application, but my organization still uses it.

• 3.  RE: SOI Database Forced Encription Support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2020 11:46 AM
    Hi Brian,

Greetings! We are happy to let you know that we are determined and taken up the work to support MSSQL forced encryption out of the box with SOI. There will be a new patch published and once applied, user can go ahead and configure SQL server to update encryption settings: SQL Server Network Configuration, Protocols, Properties, if the "Force Encryption" setting is "Yes".

Thanks and regards,
    Raja Sekhar