Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  SOI 4.2 with Nimadmin ServiceNow

Posted Nov 20, 2019 10:33 AM
    ​We utilize Nimadmin configuration with ServiceNow in our SOI 4.2 environment.  We have changed the default assignment group to our Data Operations team instead of the Technical Service Desk.  It is working except that once the alarm is cleared, the ticket which has been assigned to another team, reverts back to Data Operations.  This is creating quite a bit of extra work for our users.  We thought that configuration was in the Help Desk properties in the gui or the helpdeskproperties.xml on the manager but neither seems to be the answer.  Any thoughts?

------------------------------
    Maria M

• 2.  RE: SOI 4.2 with Nimadmin ServiceNow
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 20, 2019 10:53 AM
    Hi Maria,

for better understanding:  Where does the change of assignment group take place - within ServiceNow?
    Did you activate to close tickets when the alarm is cleared?
    My assumption is, without going further into detail, that the close action triggered from SOI, which is an update to the ticket, does also contain the assignment group as part of the update.
    E.g if the group was changed, it will be set back to the default group you defined.

Michael

Customer Success Architect
    CA Deutschland GmbH (a Broadcom company)

• 3.  RE: SOI 4.2 with Nimadmin ServiceNow

Posted Nov 21, 2019 01:19 PM
    ​We ended up commenting out SOI_Resolution_Fixedtype and SOI_Resolution.  This stops the ticket from updating once the alarm is cleared in SOI except for a statement that it has cleared in SOI.  Unfortunaltely we had to roll everything back so our ServiceNow ticketing data wasn't misleading with the Data Operation Center being the final assignment group.  I did not find where I could "activate to close tickets when the alarm is cleared."  Please let me know where that is located in the Nimadmin or updateproperties.xml.  We will continue testing in hopes of eventually utilizing this technology.  Any and all help is appreciated. 

Thank you.

Maria