Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  SOI - AD Groups

Posted Feb 17, 2020 10:36 AM
    Hi All, I wonder if anyone can help?  I'm trying to integration SOI - EEM - AD and I've connected to the LDAP server and imported all the users into EEM & I can see these same users in SOI when adding a user to a SOI group, but is there a way of assigning an LDAP group to the SOI group rather than each individual user?  

Hope this makes sense,
    Thanks,
    Ben.

• 2.  RE: SOI - AD Groups
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 18, 2020 09:39 AM
    Hello Ben, you can add more then one user in one go to SOI but you cannot import AD groups into SOI. 

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/service-operations-insight/4-2/administrating/security-administration/how-to-configure-role-based-security/create-user-groups.html

Kind regards,
    Britta

• 3.  RE: SOI - AD Groups

Posted Feb 27, 2020 02:54 AM
    Hi Britta, thanks for the update. 

This lack of a fully integrated solution makes administration much more time consuming for the administrators of the product, and makes the LDAP integration questionable to it's usefulness, If I have to add and delete each user manually when added to an AD Group I may as well create them a user in SOI and not use the LDAP integration.

One for the ideas I guess :-)

Regards,
    Ben.