Service Operations Insight

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

• 1.  What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Posted Mar 09, 2020 11:02 AM
    SOI v4.2 with SO07439
    UIM 9.20 Robot Version 9.20HF9

Recently I noticed that when alerts cleared in SOI they are not clearing the respective alert in UIM. I'm running the Global Delivery UIM Connector and wondering what files do i have to enable debug on and how to check why alerts are not getting cleared on the UIM side? 

I see these entries in the Nimsoft_connector.log file but it doesn't help:

[2020-03-09 09:15:23] [Thread-70222] WARN [com.ca.usm.ucf.nimsoft.controller.AlarmSubscriber] - alarm_close received for unknown alarm VN90115072-52048
    [2020-03-09 09:15:23] [Thread-70222] DEBUG [com.ca.usm.ucf.nimsoft.controller.AlarmSubscriber] - chgMgr is not null and about to close alarm VN90115072-46576

------------------------------
    Daniel Blanco
    Enterprise Tools Team Architect
    DBlanco@alphaserveit.com

• 2.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2020 11:37 AM
    Hi Dan,
    To track down the southbound synchronization you'll have to set the catalyst debug on the SOI manager and UCF debug on the UIM connector machine:
    - Edit CA\SOI\tomcat\lib\log4j.xml
      Go to the line
     <logger name="com.ca.ssa.sor" additivity="false">
     <level value="INFO" />
     <appender-ref ref="CAT" />
     </logger>

and set the level value to DEBUG from INFO
     save the file. You'll have to recycle the CA SOI Application server service for this take affect. This is SOI manager service so you'll have to   setup  a downtime for this. The catalyst.log are in CA\SOI\tomcat\logs folder
    - On the UIM connector machine edit CA\Catalyst\CatalystConnector\container\etc\log4j-ucf.propeties, go to the line
      log4j.logger.com.ca.ucf=INFO, LOGFILE
      and set the INFO to DEBUG
      save the file and recycle CA Catalyst Container service. The ucf logs are in CA\Catalyst\CatalystConnector\container\data\log
    - Note down one nimid (source Alert ID on SOI console) for one UIM alert and clear it from SOI console.
    - Open catalyst.log and search for the "source Alert ID" you just cleared and you should see details of the alert properties and values including "<usm-core:IsCleared>true</usm-core:IsCleared>". 
    - Same "source Alert ID" should show up in the ucf.log on the UIM connector machine if the notification makes it through from SOI manager to the connector. from ucf.log the alert clear notification also should show up in the UIM connector log.

Thanks
    Shaheen

• 3.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Posted Mar 11, 2020 09:40 AM
    Thanks Shaheen. I've set this up now need the CHG window. 
    Anyway we did network maintenance this weekend and I'm just curious do you know what ports need to be opened between SOI MGR and Connector box(es) and UIM? 
    The alarm flow works just fine from uim to connector to soi mgr but not the closing part so just want to make sure if the closing part ports are working if they use different ones.

Daniel Blanco
    DBlanco@alphaserveit.com

• 4.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 11, 2020 05:22 PM
    Hi Dan,
    The Communication ports are documented here
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/service-operations-insight/4-2/communication-ports.html

Please make sure you have the Alert Synchronization for the UIM connector is set properly. Here are the documented link on how to set up the configuration
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/service-operations-insight-connectors/connectors/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-uim-connector-3-9-1/configure-ca-uim-connector.html#concept.dita_1761050b6839526ec9c0ad8f09fc14946286c4c5_EnableInboundtoConnectorOperations

Thanks
    Shaheen

• 5.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Posted Mar 23, 2020 11:58 AM
    Edited by Daniel Blanco Mar 23, 2020 11:58 AM
    Hi Shaheen, yes all that is still setup correctly and the same. This was working fine for years until I updated to the latest UIM robot version 9.20HF9. We had to upgrade to that version b/c of security vulnerabilities in the product. Wondering if anyone else is running UIM v9.20HF9 and SOI 4.2 and if they have this issue?

Daniel Blanco
    DBlanco@alphaserveit.com

• 6.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2020 04:02 AM
    Hello Daniel, hope you are doing good. Is this a secure or unsecure hub/robot environment ?

Kind regards,
    Britta

• 7.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2020 10:15 AM
    Hi Dan,
    The problem is the duplicate projection for same connector and it is in the DB. Maybe it is not showing up on the USM Notebook tab but it is still in the DB. Here are few tables you can check
    If the CI is a ComputerSystem CI then look in to "select * from ca_ssa_computersystem  
    Check the "select * from ca_ssa_ci_detail" tables c_xmlcontent column"
    Check the "select * from ca_ssa_notebooks"
    =========================
    Since this your test server you can use soitoolbox to run --reinitializeDB to clean all data from the DB. Once done you need to double check the Alert Synchronization configuration for UIM connector to make sure they are still in place. If not then redo it and test.

Thanks
    Shaheen

• 8.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Posted Mar 24, 2020 01:37 PM
    hi Shaheen. I think I'll try that. Wipe the SOI DB and then turn the UIM connector back on and re-test. I'll let you know.

Daniel Blanco
    DBlanco@alphaserveit.com

• 9.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Posted Mar 24, 2020 02:08 PM
    @Shaheen Ahmed so after running the soitoolbox.exe -x --reinitializeDB  what if any post commands do I need to run?  ​

Daniel Blanco
    DBlanco@alphaserveit.com

• 10.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2020 02:42 PM
    Hi Dan,
    Before you run the command backup the current DB. As far as I know you don't have to run any other command after reinitializedb. Just to be on the safe side you can run the registryloader from SOI\tomcat\registry but doing may reset the Alert Synchronization to off in "Synchronization Configuration" in SOI UI, if it does then reset this and recycle SOI Application Server service.
    Thanks
    Shaheen

• 11.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Posted Mar 24, 2020 02:33 PM
    Hi @Shaheen Ahmed so I ran the --reinitializeDB and cleaned everything up. But before I even started the GD UIM Connector I looked at the SOI MGR catalyst.log file and it already still says:
    2020-03-24 14:29:43,550 DEBUG [FailedSyncProcessor Thread] () ucf.UCFFacadeImpl.getMdrList(276) - Returning mdr's: 2
    2020-03-24 14:29:43,550 DEBUG [FailedSyncProcessor Thread] () ucf.UCFFacadeImpl.getMdrList(279) - 1. [CA:00050:as-nyclab-uim:null]
    2020-03-24 14:29:43,551 DEBUG [FailedSyncProcessor Thread] () ucf.UCFFacadeImpl.getMdrList(279) - 2. [CA:00050:AS-NYCLAB-UIM:null]

How do you clean up catalyst then on the SOI MGR? ​

Daniel Blanco
    DBlanco@alphaserveit.com

• 12.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2020 02:56 PM
    Hi Dan,
    It sounds like the reinitializedb option didn't clean the catalyst tables. You can do the following
    - Backup the DB
    - Run CA\SOI\SAMStore\SAMStoreRebuid
      This'll open up a gui, you'll have to provide the information. If needed look in to tomcat\lib\hibernate.cfg.xml
    - Run registryloader from tomcat\registry
    - Look in to the DB and verify tables starting with ca_ssa are created
    - Start SOI Aplication, MQ and UCF broker and make sure soi manager is up and running.
    - Start all other service on the SOI manager. Open SOIUI and make sure the SOI manager connector's are listed
    - Start UIM connector.

Thanks
    Shaheen

• 13.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Posted Mar 24, 2020 03:16 PM
    Hi Shaheen, I figured out where the old references to the old connector instances was.

There are two files under 
    C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SOI\ucf\ucf_broker_store\####.ubr  

that the SOI Manager catalyst referenced as connector instances no matter what you do to the DB. The DB was completely empty as I checked all tables were empty. I deleted these two files once all SOI MGR and Connectors services were stopped. Afterwards then cleaned up all log files started SOI MGR and now the catalyst log is clean. I started up the GD UIM Connector and tried to clear an alert and still doesn't clear. 
    I'll upload these clean log files to the case I have open.

Daniel Blanco
    DBlanco@alphaserveit.com

• 14.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2020 03:20 PM
    Hi Dan,
    You have to make sure the Alert Sync. configuration is still in place, So go through the configuration and verify.
    Thanks
    Shaheen

• 15.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Posted Mar 24, 2020 03:57 PM
    Yes those are all still in places and set correctly.
    I uploaded all new clean set of logs to case.

Daniel Blanco
    DBlanco@alphaserveit.com

• 16.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2020 04:22 PM
    Hi Dan,
    Are you loading the UIM CI's through WSS* command?
    Thanks
    Shaheen

• 17.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Posted Mar 24, 2020 04:37 PM
    I'm just using the GD UIM Connector. I'm not using anything outside of that.

Daniel Blanco
    DBlanco@alphaserveit.com

• 18.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Posted Mar 24, 2020 01:36 PM
    Hi Britta,
    This is a non-secure robot environment. So non-"S"

Daniel Blanco
    DBlanco@alphaserveit.com

• 19.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 25, 2020 04:13 AM
    Hi Dan, can you please raise a support case and provide the connector logs ?

Thanks and kind regards,
    Britta

• 20.  RE: What logs check why UIM not closing when closed in SOI?

Posted Mar 25, 2020 10:10 AM
    Hi Britta, I have a case open already 31821627  

Daniel Blanco
    DBlanco@alphaserveit.com