Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Event policy - prioritize

Posted Dec 10, 2019 12:57 PM
    Hi,

Is there way to prioritize the deployed event policies or know which will act first?
    We have BCase where we have to match a specific message and a server and other match will be more generic will be only with the message, 
    based on that match will enrich userattrib.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
    Rui

------------------------------
    HCL

• 2.  RE: Event policy - prioritize
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 11, 2019 07:08 AM
    I saw a similar post about this:

https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=41f0d8ad-25ac-4e6e-b62d-615b2d8ca816&CommunityKey=f6d2775e-f278-457b-bcc7-dde2a674610b&tab=digestviewer#bmbc2ec867-04f7-45c3-891b-db407901465d

I assuming this is what I am looking but not 100% sure about it.

I have a generic event policy with reevaluate:
     - match (Disk Free /deploy)  -- result: enrich the field userattrib3 = opsteam1

And I have a specific policy:
    - match(Disk Free /deploy) and (<servername>) -- result: enrich the field userattrib3 = opsteam2

I have tested in small SOI environment and its working at least it looks like.. the generic rule when it match it will populate the field and then reevaluate, next run the next policies and when it match it will overwrite the same field.

HCL

• 3.  RE: Event policy - prioritize

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2019 07:23 AM
    Hello Rui,

You may need to use "Re-evaluate" flag for the 2nd case, refer below document for more information about this.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/service-operations-insight/4-2/administrating/event-management/event-management-example-scenarios/event-management-example-4-combine-a-create-event-action-with-an-enrichment-using-reevaluation.html

Thanks
    Brahma

• 4.  RE: Event policy - prioritize
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2019 07:25 AM
    Hello Rui,

When you have multiple policies matching the first one alphabetically wins. An event can have only one event class, so only one policy will be executed at a given time. If you want to have multiple event policies executed, you have to work with the reevaluate flag, but then you need to make sure that you won't cause a loop. This can be handled by setting a parameter in the first policy that will cause the second policy to match, but not the first.

Alternatively you can combine the two policies into one. If the policy editor doesn't allow you to do that, you can update one policy manually as a custom policy. You can still manage deployment of custom policies from the event policy UI.

Thanks
    Brahma