Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Migrating from CA SOI to Operational Intelligence: Feasablity

Posted Jul 11, 2019 09:03 AM
    Hi Folks,

Lets say, I would like to migrate from Service Operation Insight to Operational Intelligence.

I have DX Infrastructure Manager and DX Spectrum is being used as the Monitoring technology. Is it apt to move from SOI to OI? If I am Moving, how the SOI-SNOW integration could be moved as well, Or how to take care of the ticketing done by SOI?

Regards,
    Saju Mathew

• 2.  RE: Migrating from CA SOI to Operational Intelligence: Feasablity

Posted Jul 12, 2019 02:34 AM
    Hi Saju,

Thanks for this great question, which is not easy to answer, because it depends on what exactly you do at the moment with SOI.
    The migration from SOI to DX OI requires a good analysis of the current requirements, and based on that a migration plan is created.
    DX IM and DX Spectrum are supported out of the box to ingest data into DX OI.
    DX OI also has a bidirectional ticketing integration to ServiceNow, e.g. the ticketing process will be the same.
    But there might be special things you are currently doing in SOI which require a deeper analysis.
    I recommend to contact any of your local CA/Broadcom representatives to get help for this.

You can also contact me directly (Michael.Boehm@broadcom.com) and I will help you to start the proper analysis and processes.
    My main focus and knowledge areas are SOI and DX OI, and I am part of the CSA group, which is supporting exactly this type of "projects" to ensure that you have a smooth transition.

Michael

------------------------------
    Customer Success Architect
    CA Deutschland GmbH (a Broadcom company)
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Migrating from CA SOI to Operational Intelligence: Feasablity

Posted Jul 12, 2019 08:34 AM
    Thanks Michael,

I will be writing an email to you. So we can have some brief discussion, on how good is to migrate SOI to OI.

Regards,
    Saju Mathew