Service Operations Insight

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Bi direction integration between SOI and Spectrum

• 1.  Bi direction integration between SOI and Spectrum

Posted Jul 17, 2019 11:14 AM
    Hi Folks,

I have enabled SNMP for one of our business application in-order to automate the SNOW ticketing. I have used event configuration to manual configure the event code and have done the Alert mapping also I have given the severity and summary of the SNMP as the event discriminators. All this configuration works fine.

I am seeing an issue now, When a snmp trap comes from the application which have same severity and same summary the alert is sent to SOI application for ticketing and the ticketing happens. But, Once the ticket is closed at SNOW end, the alert gets cleared from SOI and if a same event is created in Spectrum I could see the last occurrence column is updating the time/date in Spectrum. But , this alert is not pushed to SOI again.

I am thinking it's something to do with SOI-Spectrum bi-direction integration.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
    Saju Mathew

• 2.  RE: Bi direction integration between SOI and Spectrum

Posted Jul 17, 2019 11:41 AM
    Hi Saju,

did you activate bi-directional integration from SOI to Spectrum (Southbound synchronization), e.g. is the Alert also cleared in Spectrum when it is cleared in SOI?
    If the Alert is still open in Spectrum (and your text "last occurrence column is updating the time/date in Spectrum" sounds like that), then there is nothing to be sent to SOI again, because there is no new Alert or changed severity.

How soon does the SNMP Trap come again after closing the Alert in SOI?  There might an overlap in timing.

Michael

------------------------------
    Customer Success Architect
    CA Deutschland GmbH (a Broadcom company)
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Bi direction integration between SOI and Spectrum

Posted Jul 17, 2019 12:05 PM

Hi Michael,

Could you please help me to check, How to validate the Southbound synchronization? I am really unsure about it. As When I clear alert from SOI, if do not clear from Spectrum.

Regards,

Saju Mathew

• 4.  RE: Bi direction integration between SOI and Spectrum
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2019 04:34 AM
    Hello Saju,

In order to enable Southbound Alert operations, check & enable the following...

1) On the SOI Dashboard -> Manager Configuration -> Synchronization Configuration -> 'Alert Synchronization' should be enabled followed by SOI Manager services recycle

2) On the SOI Dashboard -> Connector Configuration -> Select this Spectrum Connector, make sure 'Is Remotable' flag is selected

This will enable SB operations so when an alert (Ex: Spectrum) in SOI is cleared or Acknowledged the same would reflect in Spectrum.

Thanks
    Brahma

• 5.  RE: Bi direction integration between SOI and Spectrum

Posted Jul 19, 2019 11:42 AM

Hi Brahma,

Thanks a lot. That worked like a charm. You are always the guy with the resolution. Hope to work with you soon. J

Will this enable SOI-UIM bi-direction as well?

Regards,

Saju Mathew

• 6.  RE: Bi direction integration between SOI and Spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2019 12:12 PM
    Hi Saju,

Glad to hear the good news.

By default only few connectors like NSM, Spectrum have configured for SB operations. 

For other connectors like UIM, we need to update Alert Filter configuration, refer below wiki page for details.

https://docops.ca.com/soi-connectors/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-uim-connector/configure-ca-uim-connector#ConfigureCAUIMConnector-EnableAlertSynchronization

Thanks
    Brahma

• 7.  RE: Bi direction integration between SOI and Spectrum

Posted Jul 21, 2019 06:47 AM

Hi Brahma,

I followed the steps, But got stuck at the step, Edit Alert Filter File.

Unable to open catalyst Registry page. It gives me IP uses an unsupported protocol.

Regards,

Saju Mathew

• 8.  RE: Bi direction integration between SOI and Spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 22, 2019 04:24 AM
    Hello Saju,

1) You may access and update this "alert_filter.xml" on the SOI manager located at "\SOI\tomcat\registry\topology\physical\node0\sor\syncfilters" and add UI Connector details like

<mdr productName="CA:00050" /> <!-- UIM -->

2) Stop Manager services (soitoolbox.exe --stopAllServices)

3) Run "RegistryLoader.bat" from \SOI\tomcat\Registry folder

4) Start Manager services (soitoolbox.exe --startAllServices)

Note: You may need to re-enable "Alert Synchronization" on the Manager configuration page as you did earlier and restart manager again as "Registryloader" command defaults all Synchronization configuration.

Thanks
    Brahma

• 9.  RE: Bi direction integration between SOI and Spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2019 04:02 AM
    Hello Saju,

I´m not sure I fully understand this integration. You have used the snmp connector for SOI to publish Alarms and CIs from Spectrum into SOI. Is this correct ? 
    The answer from Michael is the correct behavior of SOI and the connectors. When BI-directional Integration is configured and an Alert is cleared in SOI, it will be cleared in Spectrum as well. When you get an update on the same Alert in Spectrum no new Alert will be published because you have the same Alert ID. 
    Have you considered that we also have a connector for Spectrum itself to integrate into SOI ?

Kind regards,
    Britta
    -------------------------------------
    Technical Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 10.  RE: Bi direction integration between SOI and Spectrum

Posted Jul 18, 2019 10:00 AM
    Hi Britta,

I have Spectrum connector which is used for SOI and Spectrum Integration. The SNMP is enabled for a device, it is not used as a connector. I apologize, if my explanation was bad.

Regards,
    Saju Mathew