Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  How SLA's will be stored when Service is removed in SOI

Posted Aug 21, 2019 04:41 PM
    Hello everyone,

I want to understand how SLA's will be stored in case Services are removed ( by removal of Connector, during any troubleshooting ) in SOI. Do we have to create and attach them again or is there any way once Services are again imported ( Similar names ) in SOI, respective SLA's will be attached again ?

Thanks !

Regards
    Mukul

• 2.  RE: How SLA's will be stored when Service is removed in SOI

Posted Aug 27, 2019 03:52 AM
    Hi Mukul,

SLAs are stored in the DB using a chain of tables:
    The SLO (Service Level Objective = the SLA criteria) is stored in table ServiceLevelObjective, getting an SLOID.
    The SLO Period (e.g. Business Hours) are stored in table Schedule, getting a ScheduleID.
    SLO and SLO Period are linked via table SLOSchedule, using above SLOID and ScheduleID.

The service has a CIID (in table CI).  This is the reconciliation CI, e.g. not the projection coming from the Connector.
    Service and SLO are linked via table CISLO, using CIID and SLOID.

When the SLO is active, status records are written into table SLARecord.

When "removing" a connector, the Service should not get deleted.
    The CIs and the projection from the connector are deleted, but the reconciliation CI of the Service should still exist - unless you manually delete it.
    Thus, the SLA attached to the service should still be valid and active.
    When importing the service again, it will be correlated to the existing Service and reporting will continue.

When you manually delete the Service, the entry in the CISLO table is deleted as well; all other tables stay unmodified.
    When you re-import the service, a new reconciliation projection will be created, getting a new CIID.  Thus, there is no valid SLA for that new service any longer.

I hope this helps.
    Feel free to follow up directly with me in case of further questions.

Michael

------------------------------
    Customer Success Architect
    CA Deutschland GmbH (a Broadcom company)
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: How SLA's will be stored when Service is removed in SOI

Posted Aug 28, 2019 05:07 AM
    Hi Michael,

Thank for this information. This really helps !
    I will contact you directly on this when required.

Regards
    Mukul