Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  CI Maintenance Via Rest API.

Posted Jul 24, 2020 09:31 AM
    Hi All,

I have been searching a way by which i can suppress the alerts of a CI in CA SOI using REST API method. I got a link saying the same. But this link works with single CI's. In my environment we use to follow below steps to put the server under maintenance.
    1) Create a service tree in service tab.
    2) push CI details (One or many) in the Service tree for whom you want to suppress the alerts.
    3) Assign a maintenance schedule to the service tree along with Childs.

Questions:-
    1) Can i achieve the above steps by using REST API method ?
    2) If not then how and where i can track these CI's information in GUI after putting them in maintenance mode via RESTAPI.

Work with Maintenance Settings Using CA SOI REST Web Services
    Broadcom remove preview
    Work with Maintenance Settings Using CA SOI REST Web Services
    You can use CA SOI REST web services to work with the maintenance settings for managed and unmanaged CIs. This article provides a sample workflow for how you would retrieve and update maintenance settings and CI user attribute values using web services: Use the following process to work with maintenance settings: Get the Connector REST ID Find the ID of the connector that manages the CIs you want to set in maintenance using the GET method of the Connector resource.
    View this on Broadcom >

Thanks
    Ankur Mishra

• 2.  RE: CI Maintenance Via Rest API.

Posted Jul 28, 2020 04:54 AM
    Hi Folks,

Can i get any clue on this, how to proceed further on this or if anyone has achieved in different manner.

Thanks
    Ankur Mishra

• 3.  RE: CI Maintenance Via Rest API.

Posted Jul 28, 2020 07:39 AM
    I think i got something in the document. But still i am lacking with one more step. Open up a new discussion.