Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Full Capacity in Capman TABLESPACE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 09:21 AM

Hi,
    I noticed on customer database that TABLESPACE are with 99% capacity. Are there some way to data downsize?

I've already truncated STAGING tables and i put 213 day in NUMBER_DAYS_DATA_RETAINED parameter but nothing.

I'd like to keep a specific period of 7 months on capman database. It is possible?

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Full Capacity in Capman TABLESPACE

Posted May 07, 2018 04:44 PM

Hi Luciano, i shared this thread with a few internal folks. perhaps you already have your answer (?)

• 3.  Re: Full Capacity in Capman TABLESPACE
    Best Answer

Posted May 07, 2018 05:18 PM

Luciano,

When you look at the tablespace reports in CCR, there are two columns for SIZE of the tablespace.

If they are equal, then you can believe the % used column.  If they are NOT equal then the % used is wrong.  It will always sit near 90% used and then as needed more space is Allocated, until Allocated = Used size.

When rows are deleted from tables, the space is not shown as available unless you move the tables inside the tablespace.  Then after the Table Move you will see free space.  (Truncating staging tables is similar to a move and does show reduced table space.)  Deleting rows individually from a table does not.

Here is more information on this subject:  from Oracle click the link.

David

• 4.  Re: Full Capacity in Capman TABLESPACE

Posted May 08, 2018 09:13 AM

thank you David!

• 5.  RE: Re: Full Capacity in Capman TABLESPACE

Posted Aug 05, 2019 12:41 PM
    Now I am an HCL employee.

------------------------------
    Principal Services Consultant
    ------------------------------