Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  SAM Reports Jasper default user password

Posted Nov 04, 2016 04:18 PM

Hello, so I finally got the Jasper Reports piece working, I re-configured the SOI UI Report setting on the Admin page and and then cycled the UI services. I logged into the SOI Console and then did a add/remove on the users in the Admin page. 

Logged into the Jasper Web page as superuser and checked the Admin - Users list and saw the users I added into the Admin group. The issue now is I can't log into jasper with those users. 

Is there a default password for these users? I tried case sensivity on the user name, organization was "soi" but nothing is working. 

• 2.  Re: Jasper Report user password
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 04, 2016 04:24 PM

Of course digging thru the wiki pages finally found this:  

• The users that are automatically added to the CABI JasperReports Server SOI Reports group are assigned a temporary password of SAMuserid (for example, if the user name is jeromeG, the password is also SAMjeromeG).

Was able to login now... Its case sensitive.

Configure CA SOI Reports for CABI JasperReports Server - CA Service Operations Insight - 4.0 CU1 - CA Technologies Docum… 

• 3.  Re: Jasper Report user password

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2016 05:31 AM

Hi Daniel,

As per your last update it seems that you have found the answer. Please mark the answer as Correct to close the thread.

• 4.  Re: SAM Reports Jasper default user password

Posted Feb 17, 2017 10:44 AM

And of course this information is not in the latest SOI Reports section for this topic. 

Link above has been deleted and there is no info on the default user info to log someone who exists into SOI Users tab, into Jasper.

FYI you have to specify:

Organization:  soi

User:      userID

PW:         SAMuserID

• 5.  Re: SAM Reports Jasper default user password

Posted Feb 20, 2017 02:50 AM

Hi Dan,

the docops page was renamed because the same documentation set is used for SOI 4.0 CUM1 and SP2 (this rename cause a lot of confusion already because people think the documentation is not available any more).

The new link is:

Configure CA SOI Reports for CABI JasperReports Server - CA Service Operations Insight - 4.0 CU1, SP2 - CA Technologies … 

But you are correct that the information about having to add the Organization (soi) is missing.  I will add a comment to the doc to add that.

MichaelBoehm