Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  UIM connector 3.6.x forward incorrect CI to SOI 4.0

Posted Aug 10, 2016 07:46 AM

Hi Guys,

I have UIM integrated with SOI v 4.0 and I used UIM Connector v 3.6. CIs & Alerts successfully sent to SOI, but some CIs have incorrect class name. Class for these alerts should be Database. Please kindly see below details:

Class for these alerts should be Switch

I have raised this issue to Support Team, but They has clarified this as known issue and will be solved in the UIM Connector v 3.8. Parallel, I hope, I can solving this issue soon.

I have followed all these instructions and I still can't see Database & Switch CI exists in Data Source for UIM.

Add Additional CA UIM CI Types - CA Service Operations Insight Connectors - CA Technologies Documentation

I tried to modified nimsoftconnector_policy.xml but it still doesn't work. Did anyone face that issue? Brahma MichaelBoehm

Best Regards,

Okik Setianto

• 2.  Re: UIM connector 3.6.x forward incorrect CI to SOI 4.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2016 08:54 AM

Hello Okik, the UIM connector 3.6 version has a known problem with CIs of the Database Class which will be fixed in the next version of the connector. As a workaround for now we suggest to remove the Database class from the NimsoftConnector.conf file, stop the CA Catalyst Container Service, remove the UIM Connector from the SOI Administration UI, start the CA Catalyst Container Service. You will not get Database CIs created and the Database related Alerts will role up to the device level CI.

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

• 3.  Re: UIM connector 3.6.x forward incorrect CI to SOI 4.0

Posted Aug 11, 2016 06:46 AM

Hello Britta,

Thanks for the reply. Do you know when UIM Connector next version is scheduled  to release?

Is it possible modify CI Class from SOI?

Best Regards,

Okik

• 4.  Re: UIM connector 3.6.x forward incorrect CI to SOI 4.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 11, 2016 09:23 AM

Hello Okik, I do not have a GA date for the new connector release yet. CI Classes cannot be modified in SOI.

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

• 5.  Re: UIM connector 3.6.x forward incorrect CI to SOI 4.0
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2016 09:05 AM

Hello Okik, I just would like to let you know that the UIM connector 3.7 is available for some time now. Can you please let me know if your question is answered ?

Thanks and kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

• 6.  Re: UIM connector 3.6.x forward incorrect CI to SOI 4.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2016 06:36 AM

Hi Okik, Please let us know whether this thread can be marked as answered if you have no further queries.

• 7.  Re: UIM connector 3.6.x forward incorrect CI to SOI 4.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2017 10:51 AM

Marking thread as answered as connector is available and lack of verification response. If this is still an open question, please feel free to start another thread.