Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  cached event policy

Posted Jun 03, 2016 01:55 AM

hi All,

i believe there is an old event policy cached somewhere (that normalizes my events that is not wanted any more) and i cant find where it's coming from.

i already checked the \SOI\resources\Core\Catalogpolicy\extensions folder, but it's not there.

any idea please what else to check to find it or where else to search it for?

thanks,

stefan

• 2.  Re: cached event policy
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 03, 2016 06:25 AM

Hi Stefan,

• Did you look at the Manager's extension folder as well as in all connectors' extension folders?
    • Are you using Catalyst-based Connectors (the path is different there)?
    • Do you see any policy being deployed in the Event Policies Editor?
    • Did you possibly update any of the default connector policies directly to modify your Alerts?
    • Did you restart all the IFW/Catalyst services to reload what is on disk?
    • Do you see additional policies in the Catalogpolicy\ directories which are not the standard Connector policies?

Besides the Catalogpolicy and extensions folders there is no place where Event and Connector Policies are stored.

The better you can isolate which Alerts are modified, the better we can understand where the change might happen (special Connector or Mid-Tier-Connector).

MichaelBoehm

• 3.  Re: cached event policy

Posted Jun 09, 2016 04:30 AM

Hi Michael,

thank you for your exhaustive and excellent description what everything to check.

i repeated all the steps several times, tried to investigate and repeating the steps again, and eventually it helped for the 4th time, i think. so i dont know even what the root cause was, but fortunately it works now.

thank you,

stefan

• 4.  Re: cached event policy

Posted Jun 09, 2016 02:28 PM

Hi Stefan,  can i ask you to please mark Michael's answer as "correct" this way we can indicate this one as resolved. You can also mark it as 'helpful' .  Many Thanks!