Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Event Enrichment for UIM to SOI not working

Posted Sep 07, 2016 03:43 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have integrated CA UIM to CA SOI. I have requirement to extract string value of variable ${pattern1.Message} from Event Enrichment CA SOI.

I have followed this guidance http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec579104.aspx  but seems doesn't work for me.

For more details, please kindly see below pictures:

I have put my script (test.vbs) in the UIM Connector Server and SOI Server. Here's the script:

and here's the result, I couldn't get the result what I want.

Do you have any advice for me?

Best Regards,

Okik

• 2.  Re: Event Enrichment for UIM to SOI not working
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 08, 2016 03:24 AM

Hi Okik,

the example you are referencing is from the times when there was no way to modify an existing Alert.

You had to use Enrichment which required to call a script.  In this case you pass the extracted variable to a script and get the same back to be able to map it to a UserAttribute.

But in the meantime SOI was improved to also contain the Enrichment option "Map Only".

Now you can modify fields of an Alert "on the fly", e.g. without having to call a script or create a new event.

In your case you can use this method to directly Parse the required string from your Message and assign it to the UserAttribute.  You don't need a script.

MichaelBoehm

• 3.  Re: Event Enrichment for UIM to SOI not working

Posted Sep 08, 2016 05:05 AM

Hi Michael,

Thank you, I have already solved my issue.

Best Regards,

Okik

• 4.  Re: Event Enrichment for UIM to SOI not working

Posted Sep 08, 2016 09:27 AM

Hi Okik, care to share how just so others can learn?

• 5.  Re: Event Enrichment for UIM to SOI not working

Posted Sep 09, 2016 01:45 AM

Daniel

When I started working with the Event UI, I found everything I needed in the SOI guide. Starting from p596 of the CA Service Operations Insight - 4.0 CU1 guide, Event Management is explained. Event Properties and Values on p621 onwards, will help you achieve what you require. The fn:Parse() is explained on p623.

One of the most important things to remember, is the following:

Use the right-click menu to automatically populate pattern fields with the appropriate property names and enumerated values. (p621)

Once you use the right-click options, the only thing you need to do, is find the correct regex. You can do some really 'funky' stuff with the Event UI.

Have fun with the Event UI......I know I do