Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Purge Settings

Posted Jul 02, 2015 10:13 AM

Hi Jim.Tokarz

I just tested to see if raw data is being purged by running a Data Report on DM and I do get data on a server even though my settings says NUMBER_DAYS_DATA_RETAINED= 90.

I ran the report from 01/28/2015 - 02/17/2015.

Please advise

Regards

David

• 2.  Re: Purge Settings

Posted Jul 02, 2015 04:52 PM

David,

The purge job is a daily job.  So the effects of a change to the retention setting in Data Manager GUI will be seen overnight.

Some of the CCR reports use Rollup data as it's source, and a few of the detailed reports use the RAW data.

The value Number_days_data_retained=90 affects the raw data.  There are other values that affect the rollup data.

Could it be that the report you looked at was showing you Hourly or Daily datapoints on the CCR reports?

To check this you can export a view to CSV and then open it in EXCEL.  If the data is hourly, or daily then these are rollup values.

Another option:

Drill into an individual host (scroll down) to check the CPU Busy charts  to see the RAW data on that graph.  It should not go back more than 90 days from today if the purge job is working.

David D.

• 3.  Re: Purge Settings

Posted Jul 09, 2015 03:04 PM

He mentioned that he ran the data report from Data Manager, that report pulls from the server_dim tables.

I would have expected there to not be data prior to April at this point given the retention setting.

Kip Lamb

Sr Principal Consultant, Presales

CA Technologies | 13810 South East Eastgate Way Suite 500 | Bellevue, WA 98005

Office: +1 512 776 0235 | Mobile: +1 425 591 4358 | Kip.Lamb@ca.com

<mailto:Kip.Lamb@ca.com>[cid:image004.jpg@01D0BA3F.47779670][cid:image002.png@01D0928A.5E056B60]

<http://www.ca.com/us/default.aspx>

<http://www.ca.com/us/default.aspx>

• 4.  Re: Purge Settings

Posted Jul 16, 2015 10:27 AM

Hi

Only after running a manual purge, that's when I don't have data when I pull the Gap report.

Regards

David

• 5.  Re: Purge Settings

Posted Aug 06, 2015 04:37 AM

Hi guys dupda03, Kip_Lamb

I just wanted to find out something regarding the night rollup purge. What triggers that purge apart from the time you specified. Is it true that it only runs if there is data to purge. I know that the staging purge is triggered by the nightly Purge job or after the nightly migrate job.

Regards

David

• 6.  Re: Purge Settings
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 31, 2015 08:42 AM

Hi Guys

I had logged a Support call for this issue and we managed to resolve it. I had to change the ROLLUP_DATA_AFTER_EACH_MIGRATE to "0". After I did that, I started having daily purges.

Thank you Jim.Tokarz

Regards

David