Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  How can I add attribute to the "write alert" option in SOI console ??

Posted Oct 26, 2014 08:02 AM
      |   view attached

How can I add attribute to the "write alert" option in SOI console ??

OR

How can I set acknowledge duration for several alerts together ???

• 2.  Re: How can I add attribute to the "write alert" option in SOI console ??

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 27, 2014 02:50 PM

Hi,

In the upcoming SOI 3.3 release, which will be available within the next few weeks, there is new functionality that may assist you in achieving what you are looking to do:

There is a new Action Type that was added to Escalation Policy and Actions - Update Alert.  This new action allows for certain Alert attributes to be updated as the result of the Update Alert action being called from an escalation policy, or through a manual "Take Action" performed from the SOI Console.  The attributes that can be updated include:  Acknowledged, Annotations, TicketID, Assignee, and userAttribute1-10 (an additional 5 User Attributes have been added in 3.3 as well).

I'm not sure if the below answers your question -  "How can I set acknowledge duration for several alerts together ???"

But, you can now create an escalation policy that will automatically acknowledge alerts after a certain duration or time period as defined in the escalation policy criteria.  That escalation policy can then be applied to alert queues, effectively allowing you to set an acknowledge duration to a set of alerts after which time they will be automatically acknowledged (see action below).

Similarly, for your question -  How can I add attribute to the "write alert" option in SOI console ??

While there are no additional attributes available for selection through "Write Alerts", in 3.3 you will be able to update the set of attributes that I mentioned earlier through the Update Alert Action.  This is particularly useful for those attributes that are typically used for Alert enrichment (userAttribute1-10).  Currently (in 3.2), these attributes can be set through Connector or Event Policy, but 3.3 will offer the additional flexibility of being able to set these attributes as a result of escalation policy being met or a "Take Action" being called directly from the SOI Console by the user.  You may pass alert parameters, or specify a static value to be set, which is what I did below ( in this example, I use userAttribute1 is used to indicate what technician's response level should be, so I set to "Urgent".  I can call for this update to the Alert to occur after X minutes, or do a Take Action from the Console if I want the update to happen faster).

Hopefully this is helpful and may be a feature you can take advantage of after upgrading to SOI 3.3

Thanks,

Kevin

• 3.  Re: How can I add attribute to the "write alert" option in SOI console ??

Posted Oct 28, 2014 06:31 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Kevin,

First of all thank you for your detailed explanation, I really appreciate it.

Let me explain you what I’ve meant:

We a custom attribute named “Acknowledge Duration” which we insert value to it (5m – 5 Minutes, 2h – 2 hours). These values refer to how long will the alert will be in ACK state.

My question is will it be possible to select several alerts and enter this value to them ??

Print Screen:

Best Regards ,

Dudu Sakharovich | System Engineer |Sizmek

T +972 732 535 666 | M +972 544 566 756

7 Ha'Mada Street, Herzeliya Pituach  46733 Israel

• 4.  Re: How can I add attribute to the "write alert" option in SOI console ??

Posted May 21, 2015 10:46 AM

I have the same question/request. I want to be able to select a bunch of alerts and with in the Write Alerts dialog, have more options available to write to. The 3 by default are good but we have customized Ideas now that we want to update other Alert Attributes quickly and on the fly so our NOC can move alerts to another queue.

Want the ability to update say User Attribute # with a specific token so the alert gets moved to the *** queue. 

Defining a specific action to do this just add additional steps that aren't needed. Our Actions dialog already contains 20+ actions and for the NOC to search thru the list to find the right one takes time.

Quicker and easier if NOC can just select alert(s) r-click, Write Attribute, Select UA5, Value they put ***. This would move all these alerts to the designated queue.

• 5.  Re: How can I add attribute to the "write alert" option in SOI console ??

Posted Apr 13, 2017 06:18 AM

Indeed. We need the "Write Alerts" functionality to be expanded beyond the three available - Annotations. Assigned, Ticket ID , to include User Attributes. In the use case where annotations are limited to a subview in the Component Details the NOC requires a User Attribute to be used as an "Operator's Comment" and be available in the Alerts Contents pane so one can enter free formatted text. The Take Action - Update Alert - would is limited to fixed text

• 6.  Re: How can I add attribute to the "write alert" option in SOI console ??

Posted Apr 13, 2017 07:12 AM

This is one feature that I will not vote for unless the fields can be protected via Security! I use CIuserAttributes as well as AlertuserAttributes extensively and wouldn't want someone to override them. That would cause havoc!!!