Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  DR\HA for CABI

Posted Jan 26, 2015 12:01 PM

Hi All,
    im looking for a DR or HA solution for CABI, currently running 3.2 version and connect to SOI and Spectrum Databases.

I havent found any information lying arround in regards this subject, so far what i managed to accomplish was getting a second box off-line connected to a mirrored database, and is sitting there just waiting for a DR scenario, but this is not actually a solution.

Has anyone attempted do use a different solution like SRM for example.

Best Regards
    Nuno.

• 2.  Re: DR\HA for CABI

Posted Jan 27, 2015 04:11 AM

What you're describing is the best you'll get for a DR solution. At this time there are no plans to provide such a functionality, at least for SPECTRUM. That's what I understood from asking a question to the relevant people in CA. I'm also interested in such a solution, but there is none that I know of. Maybe for the future release will be considered, but for the next one it is not.

You can make use of Federation capabilities of CABI to replicate content from one node to another. MySQL replication to have data moved to the second node. There are tables or information that has to be changed in between. It a bit complex to handle the synchronization process once the link is interrupted, but this is the way that I did it for one of my customers.

Some years ago, when the customer used former Unicenter SLM, a DR solution was requested for it. It was running on Ingres. We did it using a solution that was called HVR (High Volume Replicator) from a company called PSB. You can set two-way replication and processing of data in the process of synchronization. It think it's still on the market, but I haven't used it since 2006. I think that's the biggest problem when handling recovery in a disaster situation.

• 3.  RE: Re: DR\HA for CABI

Posted Oct 31, 2019 08:01 AM
    Hi,

Does CABI support HA/DR on version 7.1.1 i can only see the configuration related to tomcat.
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/business-intelligence/7-1-1/administration/configuring-high-availability-ha.html#toccontentbroadcomtechdocsusencaenterprisesoftwarebusinessmanagementbusinessintelligence711uninstallingcabusinessintelligencejasperreportsserverhtmlUninstallingCABusinessIntelligenceJasperReportsServer

Does it support full HA/DR for CABI or we need to do some more configuration

I am not clear on this