Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Specify MdrElementID of for service definition policy and parent relationship

Posted Jul 14, 2014 01:50 PM

Hello, wondering if anyone can give an example on how to set this up.

Looking to create 90+ services for each client.
    Want to set it up as followed:

ClientPool   <-- Created using the Universal Connector xml file service tags

|_Clinet_1          <-- Created using the Universal Connector xml file relationship tags

|_Client_1_ComputerSystems   <---- This is a Service Definition Policy. {Query: ComputerSystem contains "Client_1_Name"}

|_Client_2_NetworkDevices   <-- Service Definition Policy {Query: Router or Switch class where *** contains "Client_1_Name"}

I created the XML file to create all 90+ client entries, I now am trying to write the XML file so that I can define each service definition policy for each client and then want to specify the parent of that SDP. My question is how can I specify the Service Definition Policy MDRiD or it's unique UUID so that way I can specify the relationship to have it placed under "CLIENT_1"

In the SDP export from "read_rules_from_db.bat" it creates the SDP xml file but it I don't see a way for me to specify the SDP service entries' MdrElementID. I would then use that to define where this SPD should exist via the relationship policy that I want to create.

Anyone know how to do this?

• 2.  Re: Specify MdrElementID of for service definition policy and parent relationship

Posted Jul 16, 2014 04:46 PM

Anyone have ideas? Is it possible to specify the UUID/MDRid for the Service Definition Policies I want to create for each criteria under each client service?

• 3.  Re: Specify MdrElementID of for service definition policy and parent relationship

Posted Jul 17, 2014 11:25 AM

If I understand correctly, the problem is that there is no way in the xml file that you import by UC to specifiy the UUID field

If so, you may be able to work around like this:

In my example, I wanted to define the significance of a relationship, which is not possible by default with UniversalConnector

In the XML file, use an existing field and attach the extra information you want to it.

<property tag="associationType" value="IsAffectedBy,100" />

Here I added ",100" for the Significance, in your case it could be ",123-456-789" or whatever for the UID

Edit the UC policy:

D:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SOI\resources\Core\Catalogpolicy\universal_policy.xml

below

<EventClass name="GENERIC_CONNECTOR_RELATIONSHIP_EVENT" extends="GENERIC_CONNECTOR_CI_EVENT">

insert

<Parse>

<Field input="associationType" output="associationType,Significance" pattern="^(.*?),([0-9]+)$" />

</Parse>

this will parse the content of the input-field, "IsAffectedBy,100" , split it in two parts separated by the comma, and assig these two values to the two fileds defined by output=..., in my case 'AssociationType' and 'Significance'

You will have to replace it by output="associationType,UUID" or whatever the correct fieldname for your SDP UUID is

Cheers Jan