DX Operational Intelligence

Expand all | Collapse all

Where is full list of USM CI Property names?

• 1.  Where is full list of USM CI Property names?

Posted 01-14-2015 02:20 PM

I was wondering where can I find the full list of all the CI USM Property names? What I mean by this is when in the service modeler, when you select a CI and below you have the USM Properties tab. That tab lists the properties for the CI. But when I want to update/modify my connector policy files, I need to map to the actual property name which isn't the same things that's displayed in the USM Tab.

Can we add this to the USM Properties Tab as an additional column called Property Policy Name or Property Name.  Or is this full list located somewhere else?

soi_usm_properties_name.jpg

Thank you,

Dan

• 2.  Re: Where is full list of USM CI Property names?

Posted 01-15-2015 03:11 AM

Hi Daniel,

the entire USM Schema is available online on the SOI System.

You can look at it by

- opening the Debug page of the SOI Manager: http://<soi-manager>:7090/sam/debug

- selecting "Catalyst USM Schema" on the left  (direct link: http://<soi-manager>:7090/sam/debug/psapi_types.jsp)

- selecting any class you are interested in

The properties you are looking at in the modeler or in USM Web View are written in a "human readable" way.  In most cases (possibly all) you can remove the blanks to get the exact technical name (same spelling with upper-lower-case).

Regards,

Michael

• 3.  Re: Where is full list of USM CI Property names?

Posted 01-15-2015 03:19 PM

Thanks Michael.

• 4.  Re: Where is full list of USM CI Property names?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 04-29-2015 05:15 PM

Hi Michael, Do you know if its possible to change the name of the properties (I18n Name) ? Thanks

• 5.  Re: Where is full list of USM CI Property names?

Posted 04-30-2015 03:32 AM

Hi Miguel,

I am not aware that you can change any of these names - it would mess up the entire USM schema, because many other components depend on these names.

What is the Use Case for your question, e.g. what do you try to achieve?

Michael

• 6.  Re: Where is full list of USM CI Property names?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 04-30-2015 10:39 AM

Hi Michael this is regarding the other topic I opened Re: SOI Alarm/Event Enrichment with CA CMDB , basically what Im looking for is to display more fields filled with CA CMDB into the USM properties, or fill some default fields with other information and change the title of the field. We need to show CI attributes enriched with CA CMDB into the pane of component details below the alarms pane

Thanks

• 7.  Re: Where is full list of USM CI Property names?

Posted 04-30-2015 11:13 AM

Hi Miguel,

there is no way you can change the USM model - SOI would not know what to do with the changed information.

Every CI type has a multitude of attributes for the most common information of this type.

And every CI has 10 User-Attributes, which you can fill as desired, and for which you can change the name that is displayed (not the internal name, but the name the user sees on the console).

This should normally be sufficient to cater for all types of information that is required for a tool as SOI (remember, SOI is not a CMDB and is not supposed to show ALL details of every CI).

You have "launch in context" functionality to go to underlying tools (such as the CMDB) to query further details.

To make use of the 10 User Attributes you have to adopt the Connector policy (for CIs and Alerts) or you have to use Event Policies (for Alerts) to fill them.

It is also common practice (if you are running out of attributes), to combine multiple properties in one User Attribute, such as "Location - Room - Rack" all in one User Attribute.

Regards,

Michael

• 8.  Re: Where is full list of USM CI Property names?

Posted 12-15-2016 09:13 AM

Can you use the User attributes to define a dynamic service?

• 9.  Re: Where is full list of USM CI Property names?

Posted 12-15-2016 10:03 AM

Yes you can.

And that is one of the most used Use Cases for Dynamic Services: Set the UA values in the Connector Policy (or Event Management mapping) and then let the system work with these values.

MichaelBoehm