Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  UIM Connector: How to expose all available alert property fields?

Posted Jan 06, 2015 01:32 AM

I need to map the available Custom Fields that are available on Nimsoft Alerts to a UserAttribute4 or 5 in the SOI Console. Looking at the GA Version of the UIM connector I see only a subset of the available Nimsoft Alarm Properties in the D:\CA\Catalyst\CatalystConnector\container\data\Core\EventStore\*.xml files. I have another version of the Nimsoft Connector that exposes more but I'd like to know how do I expose the specific alert properties that I need to map? What is the equivalent file for the UIM connector as the AdditionalAttributes.xml file for the Spectrum Connector which allows you to specify attribute x,y,z and then map it to UIM Alarm in SOI column a,b or c?

• 2.  Re: UIM Connector: How to expose all available alert property fields?

Posted Jan 06, 2015 02:42 AM

Did you have a look at the Event Policy UI available on the Console?  You can populate the various UserAttribute fields using the 'Enrich' Policy.

• 3.  Re: UIM Connector: How to expose all available alert property fields?

Posted Jan 06, 2015 05:57 PM

Hi Madelaine, I just checked that out but that doesn't show all the available properties that can be extracted from the UIM alert. I have two versions running of the UIM connector and the GA one has a smaller set of values that the connector sees. I'm tyring to figure out how to grab any of the CustomField 1/2/3/4/5 columns that a user can populate in Nimsoft.

• 4.  Re: UIM Connector: How to expose all available alert property fields?

Posted Jan 07, 2015 03:38 AM

Understood. I thought the required data might be in the alarm itself and then you could have used a Regex to get it from there and populate it in a UserAttribute field on SOI. Which makes me think, did you have a look at the Raw trap in the GUI? The information might be in an oid that can be used to address your requirements?

• 5.  Re: UIM Connector: How to expose all available alert property fields?

Posted Jan 08, 2015 02:20 PM

Hi Madelaine. Thanks for the reply but unfortunately these are not traps so there is no OID look up. These are alerts coming from the UIM/Nimsoft product.

The GA UIM Connector does not expose all the UIM alarm property values from UIM. If we need an additional ones, a code change is required. I'll have to move this to the IDEAS section now.

Would like to have something similar to the way the Spectrum connector has the AdditionalAttributes.xml file to specify what additional attributes we want to send from SpecIM to SOI.

We need something like this for UIM to SOI. Additionally I don't think we need the full Additional attributes file since I'm not sure how many possible alarm attributes there are in total coming from UIM.

Would be great if we can just pass them all as I'm thinking there might be around 30-40 in total.

• 6.  Re: UIM Connector: How to expose all available alert property fields?

Posted Jan 09, 2015 10:05 AM