Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Integration with self care

Posted May 14, 2014 04:53 AM

There is requirement of integration CA SOI  with Self Care to view the service details of enterprise customers .How can it be done.Can we provide the dashboard view to selfcare via DashboardWebPart.aspx[for eg in CA BSI]

Can we integrate AD with CA SOI or CA BSI, if the view has to be given to customers? If not how can we sort the issue? How can a user seamlessly login to CA SOI or BSI from self care.

• 2.  RE: Integration with self care

Posted May 21, 2014 03:17 AM

Can some one help me with a soution where CA SOI dashboard can be exposed to Self care?

• 3.  RE: Integration with self care

Posted May 27, 2014 02:56 AM

Hi Lakshmi,

Self Care is application you want to integrate SOI with?

You can integrate SOI (EEM) with AD, please see EEM topic in implementation guide.

Thanks,

Ashay

• 4.  RE: Integration with self care

Posted May 27, 2014 03:10 AM

Yes..

The customer would be login to customer portal and from there he need to access CA SOI url for topology and alarm view.How can this be acheived?

• 5.  RE: Integration with self care

Posted May 27, 2014 03:18 AM

You can think of following options.

- If those customer ID's are added to AD and you have SOI (EEM) and AD integration then your customers can access SOI URL and login to it.

But this is not feasible solution as your client will have lot of own ID's to access portal.

- Create a 'Unique' ID for each customer companies and after logging to your company portal they can access SOI with this 'Unique' ID.

So the point is, if the user is not in EEM and added to any group in SOI, you can not launch SOI portal.

• 6.  RE: Integration with self care

Posted May 27, 2014 03:26 AM

I agree

But the issue is we cant put CA SOI in the DMZ.The customer portal will be in DMZ and CA SOI will be in the customer network.

How can the redirecting of URL implemented?What is the url of CA SO which can be exposed to customer portal?

• 7.  RE: Integration with self care

Posted May 27, 2014 04:04 AM

http(https)://<UI_Server>:<Post>/sam/ui/

This is UI URL which you need to publish, you might need to speak to your network team for URL redirection.

From SOI prospective, until you have user in added / created in EEM and added to SOI groups you can not login to SOI dashboard / console.

• 8.  RE: Integration with self care

Posted May 27, 2014 06:10 AM

How would i pass username and password?

The user shouldnot again put the login details in CA SOI console.

How can we seemlessly login?I mean as customer is login in portal ,he sould be able to access SOI without login again.