Service Operations Insight

View Only

Package/Probe Information Passing

• 1.  Package/Probe Information Passing

Posted Jun 07, 2019 03:51 PM
    This is the forum that will cover UIM/Nimsoft, correct?

Is there a way to pass the package name and package version down to the probe's process?

I did some digging and found the following Environment Variable are created when executing a PowerShell script inside a probe:
    Scope   Name               Value                                                          
    -----   ----               -----                                                          
    Process NIM_STRICT_BINDING 0                                                              
    Process NIM_ROBOT_NAME     Server2012R2                                                        
    Process NIM_DEVICE_ID      D03069272C341DB3241BD18414EB56343                              
    Process NIM_HUB_IP         192.168.0.7                                                  
    Process NIM_ROOT           C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft                                 
    Process NIM_HUB_ROBOT_NAME Nimsoft2                                                       
    Process NIM_ROBOT_IP       192.168.0.8                                                  
    Process NIMBUS_LOCAL_IP    192.168.0.8                                                  
    Process NIMCPRID           16234000                                                       
    Process NIM_HUB_NAME       Nimsoft2_hub                                                   
    Process NIM_PROBE_INTERVAL 60                                                             
    Process NIMPROBEPORT       48008                                                          
    Process NIM_DOMAIN         TSFarm                                                      
    Process NIM_PROBE_GROUP    Training                                                       
    Process NIM_PROBE_NAME     Training-Do_Stuff                                       
    Process NIM_BIN            C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\bin                             
    Process NIM_SSL_CIPHER     DEFAULT                                                        
    Process NIM_PROBE_TYPE     timed                                                          
    Process NIM_PROBE_KEY      8ORnVhQxZch9k7N4LgEbnMP1LhUd7Wf6rx3z36Uf2bLkzELFLhkSasiBFjPK1uM
    Process NIM_SSL_MODE       0                                                              
    Process NIM_PROBE_TIMESPEC interval 1 min                                                ​

I see the probe group and probe name, but nothing about the package name and package version.  I could add hard-coded environment variables here, but every time the version number changed, I'd have to manually update the Environment Variables.  Is there something I can type into the 'Value' field that will reference an internal variable and thereby pass it along to the running probe?