Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Capacity Planning feedback

Posted Nov 07, 2019 04:33 PM
    I just provided feedback on the Capacity Planning page but wanted to raise it here so that others can evaluate it and provide additional feedback if they agree.

In both the Select Portfolio Items and Select Teams dialogs there's no awareness of parent/child relationships between projects. If I select a parent project not only can I not use the shift-select method to select children but I can't see the parent/child relationships so I have to know before opening the dialog exactly what project names I want to select. This is troublesome in the Select Teams dialog and when setting a Project filter in the Select Portfolio Items dialog.

Thoughts?

------------------------------
    Eric Nash
    Principal Agile Consultant
    Enterprise Studio by HCL Technologies

• 2.  RE: Capacity Planning feedback
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 08, 2019 11:58 AM
    I agree that being able to filter by a project hierarchy rather than a specific project would be a huge improvement to Capacity Planning, but really to all situations where I'm reducing my list to filter by project.  If I'm searching for an existing item to connect to it as a dependency, add it as a parent or child, etc., being able to look for it within a release train, for example, would be so much better.

Along the same lines, when combining Capacity Planning with Plan Progression, I think adding a Show Fields button to the list of features in the plan would make that page so much more valuable.  I don't just want to see which features are in my plan and how far along we are overall, I want to see which features have started, which ones are in trouble, etc. Being able to customize that list so that I have the progress info at the top, the chart at the bottom, and a fairly detailed view of the actual work in the middle would be a big win!

Terry Ginzburg