Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Work Item Connector - Error on Logs

Posted Sep 17, 2019 06:17 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,

I have successfully used the work item connector to copy and update items to VSTS.

I am now moving a new project and im getting errors on the log file.

ERROR : RallyEIF::WRK::ConnectorRunner.exception - Message undefined method `_ref' for nil:NilClass

This log file states that 0 records have been updated and 0 records have been copied but these have indeed been copied and updated.

This doesn't stop what is required but im worried the errors shown on the logs are causing an issue somewhere.

I have attached a copy of the errors show on the log, i wonder if anyone has seen these before or would be able to help ?

Thanks

Attachment(s)

txt
    Copy of Log.txt   564 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Work Item Connector - Error on Logs

Posted Sep 17, 2019 06:44 AM
    Also i noticed i am running version 4.8.0 of the connector but am unable to find any source for the latest version 4.8.2 is this available anywhere ?

• 3.  RE: Work Item Connector - Error on Logs

Posted Sep 17, 2019 09:09 AM
    Would you share your config file?

• 4.  RE: Work Item Connector - Error on Logs

Posted Sep 17, 2019 09:21 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,

Sure, i tried stripping out most things thinking this might help but it does appears to stop the errors.

Attachment(s)

xml
    config_test_defect.xml   6 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: Work Item Connector - Error on Logs

Posted Sep 17, 2019 09:40 AM
    Your next step should probably be to set the loglevel to debug and then see what the errors look like when it runs. I would also set preview to true while debugging this.

• 6.  RE: Work Item Connector - Error on Logs

Posted Sep 17, 2019 09:47 AM
    Thanks, the log i attached was run in debug mode but i will try the preview mode with debug and see if this throws the same errors.

Are you aware of where version 4.8.2 of the connector is available as this contains a bug fix for one to many that i need ?

Thanks

• 7.  RE: Work Item Connector - Error on Logs
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 17, 2019 09:59 AM
    I am not aware of 4.8.2   
    I know that 4.8.0 was general release but the links for it dead-end when going from CA -> Broadcom.
    I know there was a 4.8.1 bug fix release that I don't believe was put out to the general public.  
    Looks like you need some help from one of the esteemed Broadcom members here to get you that version.