Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Overloading the Ready to Accept app

Posted Oct 04, 2019 11:15 AM
    The Ready to Accept app is nice in that it can be used to display multiple artifact types - Defects, US's, TS's, ... - instead of having to use 3 apps to list each separately. I've used this to large success, except when I want to exclude an artifact type.

I've tried to use the FormattedID field to limit to just US's and Defects (exclude DS's and TS's), but the results that come back are not right. I've tried a combination of OR'ed <= and >= statements, and !contains. Supposedly you're not supposed to be able to use that operator, but it works with error - just not with the right results.

Any ideas?

------------------------------
    Benefitfocus.com, Inc

• 2.  RE: Overloading the Ready to Accept app

Posted Oct 07, 2019 09:25 AM
    Use the custom list app instead and set the filtering to User stories and defects with the status that means RFA for your organization.

I use the following query along with some in-app filtering (removing teams outside of my focus) to get what I need:
    ((((ScheduleState = Completed) AND ((State <= Closed) OR ((DefectStatus = ALL_CLOSED) OR (DefectStatus = NONE))))

• 3.  RE: Overloading the Ready to Accept app

Posted Oct 07, 2019 11:16 AM
    The settings for a Custom List pick a single specific work type. How does one filter to get more than 1 work item type?

Benefitfocus.com, Inc

• 4.  RE: Overloading the Ready to Accept app

Posted Oct 08, 2019 10:29 AM
    Sorry, you are right.  That won't work as described.  You would need two dashboard tiles using custom list; one for user stories, the other for defects.

• 5.  RE: Overloading the Ready to Accept app

Posted Oct 07, 2019 03:57 PM
    Hi Greg, 

Have you tried Work Views (under Plan)? 

Lean Analyst
    EBSCO Information Services

• 6.  RE: Overloading the Ready to Accept app

Posted Oct 07, 2019 04:51 PM
    Work Views would work, but the intent is to add this to a dashboard with other content.
    Maybe that's a suggestion - that some of the new tools/pages (like Work Views) have a variant that can be added as an app to a page.

Benefitfocus.com, Inc

• 7.  RE: Overloading the Ready to Accept app
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 09, 2019 12:03 PM
    I've seen ID (in some cases) only filter based on the numeric portion of the ID. If I filter for everything with an 8 in it, I get back results. Filter for US or DE and no results.

A possible workaround, depending on the number of test sets and defect suites you have, is to tag them, and then filter based on tags.

- Keith Jones
    - MCIC Vermont