Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Sprint predictability metric

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 09:26 AM
    Hi, 
    can Rally give me overview number of stories (or estimates) planned at iteration planning vs. number of stories (or estimates) accepted at sprint review?
    Thank you
    Ales

• 2.  RE: Sprint predictability metric

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 06:11 PM
    Hi Ales,

Are you referring to something like "Planned vs Actual"?  Take a look at this app and see if it is what you're looking for: https://docs.ca.com/en-us/ca-agile-central/saas/planned-vs-actual-burndown-chart

• 3.  RE: Sprint predictability metric

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 06, 2019 09:42 AM
    Edited by Ales Behal Aug 06, 2019 09:45 AM
    I don't believe this burndown captures number of stories scheduled for an iteration at iteration planning. In case a team is NOT splitting unfinished stories, I don't see how many they planned for at sprint planning. Let me rephrase the question. 

A team is NOT splitting unfinished stories and they move unfinished story/ies to next iteration (or later iteration or back to backlog). I want to measure how a team is predictable (how many stories they planned to deliver at sprint planning vs how many stories they actually delivered). Do I have a way to see the scrum team commitment at sprint planning?

• 4.  RE: Sprint predictability metric
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 06, 2019 11:00 AM
    Rally Tech Services has a very nice app that not only shows Committed versus Delivered, but also Planned vs Unplanned, and how much of each is actually delivered.  You can set how many days into the sprint you consider to be "committed".  You'll find the app here: https://github.com/RallyTechServices/committed-vs-delivered

• 5.  RE: Sprint predictability metric

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 06, 2019 11:32 AM
    This one looks very interesting to me YES!
    I also want to have the option to set the acceptance of stories is valid x days after iterationEnd date in Rally. (in case sprint review moves to 1 day after sprint end for example).