Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Is there any way, for non Workspace Admin users to see stories in closed projects?

Posted Jul 17, 2019 10:24 PM
    In the past (and based on a quick search it would appear I mean last year), any user could still search for stories that were in closed projects and they'd just show up in a different tab. This appears to work differently now and only the workspace admin can see these stories. Is there any workaround to this? I've got a few users who still delve back into the past for reference, and I don't want to give them Workspace Admin so i'm hoping I have just missed something.
    Thanks

• 2.  RE: Is there any way, for non Workspace Admin users to see stories in closed projects?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2019 02:41 AM
    Hi Heather,

You should still able to find the items from the Global search. And if the items(in closed project) are associated to another item(in open project). You should still find them in QDP. 
    For example:
    Global search
    QDP:

• 3.  RE: Is there any way, for non Workspace Admin users to see stories in closed projects?

Posted Jul 18, 2019 04:29 AM
    Yes, I'm the past we saw that in the global search. Today when this issue was raised with me I found that I (subscription admin) was the only one who could see that now, all our other users showed "0" results in closed project tab when they did the same search. Which confused me... I searched and saw comments in a past thread that there was a change late last year that caused this, not sure timing though I just know that my search results are different to all the other users at my company and I really don't want to have to reopen all the projects.

• 4.  RE: Is there any way, for non Workspace Admin users to see stories in closed projects?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2019 04:41 AM
    Could you help to ensure those users have permission for that Closed project before you close it? 
    As you can see the screenshot for my testing account has Editor right before I closed the project. So I still can search it. 

• 5.  RE: Is there any way, for non Workspace Admin users to see stories in closed projects?

Posted Jul 18, 2019 02:45 PM
    Hi, just double checked and yes they are either editors or project admin but can't see the closed project.