Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Images duplicated

Posted Aug 02, 2019 01:39 PM
    We have found a bug in Rally that I would like to report. When we copy/paste information from MS Word (maybe be other programs as well) into Rally, if that information has an image, the last image in the group gets duplicated.

For example, if I have a Word doc that contains a single image and I do a copy/paste into Rally, that image gets displayed twice in my Rally editor.
    If I have a Word doc that looks something like this:
    A paragraph of text
    (image #1)
    Another paragraph of text
    (image #2)

When I paste that into Rally, I get this:
    A paragraph of text
    (image #1)
    Another paragraph of text
    (image #2)
    (image #2)

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks!
    ​​​

• 2.  RE: Images duplicated

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 05:55 PM
    Hi Mitch,

Thanks for reaching out on this.  I'm trying to reproduce this, but I'm not seeing it happen in my environment. I'm working on a Mac with Mac Word and Chrome 75.  Could you tell me a little about your setup?

• 3.  RE: Images duplicated

Posted Aug 06, 2019 12:32 PM

Hi David,
    Ok, we did a bunch of testing of this bug here and here are the results.  It was originally found in Windows 10 64-bit, using Chrome v75 and the installed version of MS Word 2016. This has also been verified to behave the same in Chrome v76, Firefox v68, and Edge v44.

I set up the following example.  
    I start with a Word document that has some text and images and looks like this in the document:

In Word 2016, I copy entire document contents to the Windows clipboard.
    I then switch over to my browser and bring up a work or portfolio item in Rally.
    I paste the clipboard contents into that item and this is what shows up in Rally:

Here we see that the last image is duplicated and appears after the end of the original document contents.

Since you said you could not reproduce on a Mac, I had someone here try this on a Mac. They are using the installed version of Word (v16.27) and Chrome v75.
    When they pasted from Word into Rally, they get a duplicated image, but in their case, the first image is duplicated at the end of the contents, instead of the second image which is what occurs in Windows.

David, when you tried to do this on your Mac, did you do so with an installed version of Word or via the online Office 365?

Thanks,
    Mitch

• 4.  RE: Images duplicated

Posted Aug 06, 2019 12:35 PM
      |   view attached
    For your reference and testing purposes, I have attached the .docx file used in the tests I have performed.

Attachment(s)

docx
    test in rally.docx   88 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: Images duplicated
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 06, 2019 01:35 PM
    Hi Mitch,

Thanks for that.  I was able to reproduce it on a co-worker's computer so I'm going to file a defect on this.  I'm not sure what the timeline looks like; we use a library for our full text fields and so we could be at their mercy for this.

• 6.  RE: Images duplicated

Posted Aug 06, 2019 01:45 PM
    Understood and thanks!