Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Story Save cnf Dialog box

Posted Dec 06, 2019 03:51 PM

Hello,

After  save the green dialog box appears and it is necessary to 'X' to close:

I may have asked this previously, but how can it be requested for that to be a display and fade?

The extra time it takes to click on that X is quite a waste. I understand why some of the changes were done but I really liked not have to save every few updates and then on top of that to have to close the confirmation that story was saved adds up over time.

Thanks

Kind regards --¾¾-- Small.santa-on-sleigh-clipart

image018.jpg@01D4E8AB.5DF8B8E0

Debra L. Stillman | Product Analyst | Counselor and Shared Technology Platforms

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail and any attachments; any further use of such e-mail or attachments is strictly prohibited.

• 2.  RE: Story Save cnf Dialog box
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2019 04:37 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi Debra,

It should disappear after about 4 or 5 seconds of being displayed.  If it doesn't go away automatically, let us know which browser and version you're using (I'm on Chrome in the video)

• 3.  RE: Story Save cnf Dialog box

Posted Dec 07, 2019 02:09 PM

Hey David,

I mostly use Chrome, but to tell you the truth – 4 to 5secs is too long and I have not seen it fade away but this coming week I will check it out.

Cheers

Kind regards --¾¾-- Small.santa-on-sleigh-clipart

image018.jpg@01D4E8AB.5DF8B8E0

Debra L. Stillman | Product Analyst | Counselor and Shared Technology Platforms

Home Office +1 630.427.0273  / Bolingbrook, Il 60440 | U.S.A.

DeStillman@mycwt.com | www.mycwt.com

• 4.  RE: Story Save cnf Dialog box

Posted Dec 08, 2019 12:41 PM
    Edited by David Spalding Dec 08, 2019 01:08 PM
    I've noticed the popup "toasts" (as they're called in Android) often sometimes** do not disappear until closed with the [X] at the right end of the box.  Perhaps because they're generated by a QDP panel that has been closed, and the toast is over the main page. I haven't observed enough to notice a pattern. It's an annoyance mostly when making training videos and I have to close them manually, then edit out the action to save time. 

I'll start "timing" myself to see if I'm closing them before 5 seconds has lapsed. My recollection is that some stay present for a minute or more. 

Also using Chrome, version 78.0.3904.108 . 

** I just did a couple of random tests, the toasts fade out within five seconds.  I'll have to capture an instance when they don't.