Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all
  • 1.  Idea Manager

Posted Dec 10, 2019 04:26 AM
    Hi All,

Can anyone provide any information about Rally's Idea Manager?

Thanks,

David

• 2.  RE: Idea Manager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 10, 2019 04:59 AM
    Hi David,

You may be referring to brightidea.com. This was the original tool for the ideas.rallydev.com mechanism.

Rally are moving to a more 'in-app' approach where ideas and feedback can be supplied in the UI directly via the help or megaphone icons.

Was that the info that you were after?

------------------------------
    Nik
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software

• 3.  RE: Idea Manager

Posted Dec 12, 2019 07:57 AM
    Hi Nick,

No, I'm not looking for a way to raise ideas for the Rally team for Rally development.
    What I'm looking for is a tool where
    * our customers / stakeholders can raise ideas, discuss, vote and
    * the PO's can transform selected ideas into actual development items for the dev.teams (-> Feature / User Story etc. in Rally).

Thanks,
    David

• 4.  RE: Idea Manager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2019 08:09 AM
    Hi David,

Originally a single site licence for BirghtIdea was part of the package when you signed up for Rally. However, I am not sure whether this is still the case. You would have to check with the relevant contracts person or one of our sales people.

As it used to be a 'single site' licence, it meant that there was only one route from the BrightIdea front end into a particular project node in Rally. This made it quite limited for large scale enterprises. For these types of customers, we used to put them directly in contact with BrightIdea to negotiate a multi-site licence.

I am not aware of any other mechanism that allows for exactly what you need, but I will ask the question internally in my team to see what I can find out.

Nik
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software

• 5.  RE: Idea Manager

Posted Dec 12, 2019 09:12 AM
    Hi Nick,

Thanks for the quick reply.
    You write "into a particular project node in Rally". Does it mean a workspace or a subscription, or one exact project in a given workspace? If this is the case, does it mean, that only one common Idea space could exist for one workspace/subscription?

Is this the same solution that is mentioned below my Matt? A subpage of the link that Matt provided, suggests, that there is an Idea Manager in Rally and also advises to contact Sales.
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/agile-development-and-management/rally-platform-ca-agile-central/rally/integrating-top/rally-idea-manager-overview/rally-idea-manager-administrator/rally-idea-manager-integration-setup.html

I got a promise to be contacted by sales, it seems it takes some time.

If understand correctly, the other option is to get a standalone BrightIdea license. Can I expect to have a smooth integration in that case between the two tools?

Thanks,

David

• 6.  RE: Idea Manager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2019 09:35 AM
    It was to a particular project node, so was really only intended to be a single idea space. For multiple idea spaces, BrightIdea have the multi-site variant.

Please bear in mind that I am talking some years ago now. Rally licence contracts might have changed a bit and I am not directly involved in that area.

Might be worth pinging BrightIdea too.

Matt's post refers to the same.

Nik
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software

• 7.  RE: Idea Manager

Posted Dec 12, 2019 09:48 AM
    Hi Nik, (sorry for the type in my prev mail)

Thanks for the quick reply again.
    So anyway I will need to get up to date info on currently available functionality and pricing, so I'm trying to get answers from Sales and our subscription admins. Also contacting BrightIdea in parallel.

Thanks,

David

• 8.  RE: Idea Manager
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 10, 2019 04:43 PM
    Is this what you're looking for?

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/agile-development-and-management/rally-platform-ca-agile-central/rally/integrating-top/rally-idea-manager-overview/rally-idea-manager-administrator.html

• 9.  RE: Idea Manager

Posted Dec 12, 2019 09:33 AM
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for this link. It sounds promising now (updated yesterday, not sure if it's new content or not).

Thanks,

David