Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Rally Software: Introduction of Warning Sign for Inconsistent Data in Parent Portfolio Item Data Fields

Posted Oct 20, 2019 04:09 AM
    Hello Team,

Submitted an Idea for the subject.

Example: 

Parent Item X planned end date: 31. Dec.2019
    Child Item X1 planned end date: 17 Nov 2019
    Child Item X2 planned end date: 03 Nov 2019 (originally planned).

Imagine a case now: X2 planned end date is changed to 14 Jan 2019 for some reason.

Obviously, now the parent (X) planned end date is inconsistent when compared to one of it's child date.
    If this inconsistent data could be flagged with a warning sign,
    the parent owner can look into it and take the appropriate action as needed.

Submitted an idea:
    https://community.broadcom.com/participate/ideation-home/viewidea?IdeationKey=a1bb5d29-ffc2-4e5b-bdec-ed78564f57cf

Like it, if you think this is helpful for the users.

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: Rally Software: Introduction of Warning Sign for Inconsistent Data in Parent Portfolio Item Data Fields

Posted Oct 21, 2019 09:39 AM
    Shabid, I think that this is an excellent idea that gives additional business intelligence to the user without forcing undesired automation or workflow into the tool. I voted it up. Thanks!

------------------------------
    Eric Nash
    Principal Agile Consultant
    Enterprise Studio by HCL Technologies

• 3.  RE: Rally Software: Introduction of Warning Sign for Inconsistent Data in Parent Portfolio Item Data Fields
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 21, 2019 10:19 AM
    Thanks @Eric Nash & @Pat Cousins​​ for voting it up.

Principal Scrum Master
    Sabre

• 4.  RE: Rally Software: Introduction of Warning Sign for Inconsistent Data in Parent Portfolio Item Data Fields

Posted Oct 21, 2019 10:50 AM
    I just had a Flowdock conversation with the Rally product team and it appears that they are not using the Broadcom Ideation forum (or the old Idea Manager instance) any longer. They requested that you submit feedback using the in-app feedback buttons or the Feedback link on your profile dropdown in Rally. Once you've done that you can continue to promote the idea here so that your voice and those of other customers can be heard collectively.

I took the liberty of submitting your suggestion myself through in-app feedback and I suggest that you do the same, thanks!​

Eric Nash
    Principal Agile Consultant
    Enterprise Studio by HCL Technologies

• 5.  RE: Rally Software: Introduction of Warning Sign for Inconsistent Data in Parent Portfolio Item Data Fields

Posted Oct 21, 2019 12:04 PM
    Thanks @Eric Nash. Submitted the idea through feedback.​

Principal Scrum Master
    Sabre