Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Empty Query Results - Rally API

Posted Nov 08, 2019 03:37 PM
    I'm running into a strange issue where I'm getting no results from queries after switching to a new API key. Both API keys are created on subscription admin accounts so I'm not sure why I would have this issue. It is really the strangest thing and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it further. The issue only seems to effect queries that return 1 result (i.e query by ObjectID/ObjectUUID). Other queries with more than 1 result seem to be working as expected and I've confirmed I can get/update the artifact using the ref. When I switch back to my old API key and run the exact same query I get the desired result. What could I be missing here?

Thanks,
    Rob

• 2.  RE: Empty Query Results - Rally API

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2019 04:03 PM
    Hi Rob,

that is odd ... what tool are you using to create these requests?  Are you using something like Postman REST API client, a toolkit in a programming language, etc?

• 3.  RE: Empty Query Results - Rally API

Posted Nov 08, 2019 04:19 PM
    Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using this Node JS package to create the requests but I've also tested with my own standard Node JS request calls and I have the same problem. I've also been able to replicate the issue in postman using both basic auth and ZSESSIONID cookie. Thinking maybe it has something to do with my local environment, I ssh into my linux dev machine and ran my code there, but got the same problem. Another thing worth mentioning, is when I log into the newly created account I can successfully run the query in the browser. It's so strange I've never experienced anything like it before.

For more context, I'm running a ngrok tunnel on my local machine and testing Rally webhooks. The whole reason I want to use a new API key is to tell my webhook not to worry about updates made by that user.

• 4.  RE: Empty Query Results - Rally API

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2019 04:29 PM
    Hi Rob,

Can you share one of the object IDs you're trying to query?

• 5.  RE: Empty Query Results - Rally API

Posted Nov 08, 2019 04:37 PM
    Edited by Rob Tucker Nov 08, 2019 04:37 PM

Yes, it's a defect. If I inverse my query and use != I get all the results. Or if I query by some non-unique field I get the results.

ObjectID - 347472687980

ObjectUUID - 848766d8-883f-459b-9541-c963171038c0

• 6.  RE: Empty Query Results - Rally API
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2019 04:40 PM
    Hmm yeah I'm seeing 0 results coming through.  Is it possible your workspace context is set incorrectly for the calls that you're making?  Each workspace is siloed from each other so if your context is set to an unexpected workspace you may not see results or you may see results from a workspace you're not expecting results from.

We usually recommend setting a default workspace/project in the user's profile, otherwise we start seeing unpredictable behavior

• 7.  RE: Empty Query Results - Rally API

Posted Nov 08, 2019 04:47 PM
    You are the best! All I had to do was set a default workspace on the new user's account and it fixed the problem :) Thanks for the help.