Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Can small enhancements be announced here?

Posted Jul 10, 2019 11:47 AM
    I was happy to notice two new icons in the rich text editor of FDP yesterday, one for code snippets and one to maximize the edit window.  Of course, they might have been there earlier than yesterday and I just hadn't noticed.

Would it be possible to announce small enhancements like this in the Rally Community, in case we miss them, so we can share them with our users?

• 2.  RE: Can small enhancements be announced here?

Posted Jul 10, 2019 02:33 PM
    I second that 100%!   

Pat - did you notice the Show All / Show Less button in rich text fields?  One of our users biggest complaints was that there was no visual indication that there is more text in a field than is displayed - no scroll bar unless you click into the field.  Now those fields have a Show More button, I saw it yesterday while training a new user.  I love finding things in training (not).  It would be GREAT if there was some sort of announcement so we can stay ahead of these things and then share them with our users.  Great new stuff should be celebrated!

• 3.  RE: Can small enhancements be announced here?

Posted Jul 10, 2019 03:17 PM
    I did!  And that's another great example.

• 4.  RE: Can small enhancements be announced here?

Posted Jul 11, 2019 10:14 AM
    I third this 100% 

It is nice to be able to advertise to our users when enhancements are implemented.  Having them announced from Broadcom when they are impplemented would make this much easier.

• 5.  RE: Can small enhancements be announced here?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2019 11:40 AM
    Hellos! Glad to hear you're enjoying the new rich text editor features rolled out last week :) We did plan to post to community, but you all were quicker to notice the new features than we were to get a post up. Stay tuned and thanks for the feedback! We'll try to sync those events up better for our amazing community of users in the future.

• 6.  RE: Can small enhancements be announced here?

Posted Jul 12, 2019 08:34 AM
    I shared @Terry Ginzburg 's users' concern, and had to notify everyone across our organisation to ensure they click into any text field where the content reaches the bottom of the space displayed, to ensure they don't miss anything.  Email notifications are no guarantee of compliance, and this design oversight could have had negative consequences.  'Show All' is therefore a welcome quick-turnaround spot-resolution.

Anecdotally -- not consistently enough to be a 'Submit Feedback' or support ticket item -- I have just recently experienced the browser tab freezing up and failing to redraw the screen correctly, twice in a week, where that otherwise probably only happens once or twice in a year.  This was probably when I moved focus in or out of a field that was right on the edge of whether it needed a Show All / Show Less button or not, or when the button ended up mispositioned such that only its 1-pixel top border was showing.  It wasn't 'Oops we've hit a snag' managed within Rally (which you might be picking up at your end without me reporting it), but the Chrome browser itself that failed to cope.  The good news is that no content was lost, and abandoning that browser session and pointing a new one to the same work item I was able to continue just fine.

If there's a similar Code Snippets button, I haven't seen that yet.  If it displays under certain conditions, then do share what they are!