Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Work Item Connector - Value not in list of supported values

Posted Aug 12, 2019 07:03 AM
      |   view attached
    ​Hi,

I'm working with the Work Item connector and have mapping the state field in Rally to the drop down field values in TFS.

These have been mapped as follows.

<Field>
            <Rally>State</Rally>
            <Other>System.State</Other>
          </Field>

and the mapping as

<OtherEnumFieldHandler>
            <FieldName>System.State</FieldName>
            <Mappings>
              <Field><Rally>Submitted</Rally>   <Other>New</Other></Field>
              <Field><Rally>Open</Rally>  <Other>Active</Other></Field>
              <Field><Rally>Fixed</Rally>   <Other>Resolved</Other></Field>
              <Field><Rally>Closed</Rally>  <Other>Closed</Other></Field>
              <Field><Rally>Parked</Rally>    <Other>New</Other></Field>
            </Mappings>
          </OtherEnumFieldHandler>

When I run the connector I am getting a error on the log file stating that the value does not exist.

[2019-08-12 10:17:19 Z]  WARN : RallyEIF::WRK::TFSConnection.initialize - Could not create Bug: The field 'State' contains the value 'Active' that is not in the list of supported values
    [2019-08-12 10:17:19 Z] ERROR : RallyEIF::WRK::Connector.rescue in copy_to_other - Unable to create a VSTS Bug with these field values: {"Microsoft.VSTS.TCM.ReproSteps"=>"Defect test 1 Description", "System.Title"=>"DEFECT TEST 1", "Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.OriginalEstimate"=>10.0, "Microsoft.VSTS.Common.Priority"=>"2", "Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.StoryPoints"=>9.0, "Microsoft.VSTS.Common.Severity"=>"2 - High", "System.State"=>"Active", "Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.CompletedWork"=>0.0, "Microsoft.VSTS.Scheduling.RemainingWork"=>10.0, "System.AssignedTo"=>"oliver_clarke", "System.History"=>"Defect test 1 notes section", "RallyCommonExternalId"=>"328217107748"}, Could not create Bug: The field 'State' contains the value 'Active' that is not in the list of supported values
    [2019-08-12 10:17:19 Z]   ANY : RallyEIF::WRK::ConnectorRunner.process_service - Finished Service COPY_RALLY_TO_VSTS

I have checked the drop down values of the state field in the TFS and this has the value of Active so im unsure as to why this is not mapping and throwing the error.

I have attached the log file for reference.

Many Thanks

Attachment(s)

txt
    Log File Error.txt   4 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Work Item Connector - Value not in list of supported values
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 13, 2019 12:44 PM
    Hi Oliver,

It's been a while since I have worked with VSTS, but I vaguely recall having seen a situation where there is a state workflow implemented by admins.  This prevents new work items from being created in a state other than New.  It has to go from New to Active.  This could be what's happening here

• 3.  RE: Work Item Connector - Value not in list of supported values

Posted Sep 10, 2019 09:29 AM
      |   view attached
    Config file attached

Attachment(s)

xml
    config_test_defect.xml   6 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Work Item Connector - Value not in list of supported values

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2019 12:48 PM

Hi Oliver,

I'm afraid that this likely has to be addressed by your VSTS admin since it's a policy set there that is preventing skipping the New state in VSTS.  The only other idea I can think of is to have a config that creates new Rally work items in a "New" state in VSTS and then have a second config that will update that state to its correct state in VSTS.