Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Attachments with the Work Item Connector

Posted Aug 05, 2019 10:46 AM
    Hi,

Im currently working on a migration of all tasks, defects etc from Rally to TFS. I am using the Work items connector which is working well. I have ow hit the stump of migrating attachments.

In the documentation it states ​"With the CA Agile Central Work Item Connector for TFS 2015 version 4.7.0, attachments are fully supported with the 4.7.x and 4.8.x versions of this connector. You can reflect TFS work item attachments in CA Agile Central and/or reflect CA Agile Central artifact attachments in TFS 2015. There is a tagset in the configuration that is new for TFS connectors to enable this."

So I know its possible, in the config file I have the following

<RelatedObjectLinkers>

<TFSTaskToParentLinker />

<RallyTaskToWorkProductLinker />

<RallyAttachmentLinker />
    </RelatedObjectLinkers>

Which I can only assume I need the Rally Attachment Linker? There is no documentation on how this works or what is required for set up.

Has anybody come across the same issue before? if so how did you over come this? is it possible to migrate attachments?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

• 2.  RE: Attachments with the Work Item Connector
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 06:03 PM
    The followign will be added to the <Connector> Section:

<Config>
    <Connector> ....
      <RelatedObjectLinkers>
          <RallyAttachmentLinker />
       </RelatedObjectLinkers> ....

Any artifact that is copied over or updated will also have the attachment copied as well.

• 3.  RE: Attachments with the Work Item Connector

Posted Aug 08, 2019 09:50 AM
    Hi Lori thanks for the above I now have this working.

One thing I didn't think about which might help other people is that I was simply adding an attachment then running the connector. This does not count as an update so a note or another field must change before the connector will pick up the attachments.​ Of course this wouldn't be the case if the attachments are already there on the first run of the connector.

Thanks for you help again