Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Portfolio Burnup App Behavior

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2019 07:38 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello Community,
    Anyone is aware how the portfolio burnup app logic implemented and is there a way I can find out the logic.
    I have a question as in below image. The image shows the Planned points as 2420.5 and accepted points as 1610.5.
    I went through all the stories and total story points are only 1786. The question is how does the burn up finds the story points or count of stories.

Any thoughts help me in solving the problem.

Thank you,
    Venu

Portfolio burnup

• 2.  RE: Portfolio Burnup App Behavior
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 17, 2019 07:01 PM
    Hi Venu, my guess would be that some stories linked to the portfolio item are in a project that has been closed.  They will still count in apps like the Portfolio Burnup but you won't see them.  Try doing a Search for some verbiage that might be in these stories and see if any show up in the Closed Projects tab.
    Search showing results in closed projects

• 3.  RE: Portfolio Burnup App Behavior

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2019 12:38 AM
    Thank you, Pat Cousins for reviewing and responding to it.
    It seems to be that apps like milestone burnup was built on the same logic of the app, "Portfolio Item Burnup".
    The logic was it includes every item of features in capabilities if capability was assigned to the milestone and every item(story, defect) in the feature is included if the feature is tagged with milestone. As I removed the milestone for capabilities, it is now working fine.

It provided an opportunity to strengthen the thought process. Happy learning!!!