Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Rally Discussions Permission Model

Posted Nov 12, 2019 02:16 PM
    I added this to the Broadcom Ideation section, but there's nothing for Rally under categories, so I don't know if it will fall into a crack.

We have several groups of individuals, that need to add comments/discussions to all projects/teams. The only way to do this currently is to make them an Editor of some/all projects so that they can comment. This is proving to be unnecessary as they don't need to edit anything - and adding Editor invites unwanted mistakes that could be disastrous.

Recommend that we consider a "Commenter" role that allows you to do nothing but add comments. Even better, allow the Read-Only role, to be read-only everywhere except for Discussions, where they are permitted to add comments.

------------------------------
    Benefitfocus.com, Inc
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Rally Discussions Permission Model
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2019 05:02 PM
    Hi Greg,

Thanks for taking the time to share ideas.  Rally is a bit unique in that we have what we call "in product feedback".  On most pages you'll see a megaphone icon in the top right corner.  If you click that, you can enter your feedback and the product managers will receive that and add the idea to their list.

Thanks!

• 3.  RE: Rally Discussions Permission Model

Posted Nov 13, 2019 12:02 PM
    I have submitted my Feedback within Rally to support Greg's suggestion.  I prefer the second option (allow Viewer to add a Discussion).  I wouldn't want to complicate permissions by adding a Commenter role.