Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  GHE integration with Rally

Posted Nov 14, 2019 02:37 PM
    I am trying to get the Rally to GitHub Enterprise connector working with branches other than the main branch.  Has anyone been successful?  I tried modifying the python scripts to replace the hardcoded 'master' with 'develop' but get an error message
    ERROR: VCSConnector.reflectChangesetsInAgileCentral - OperationalError postCommits - 'RallyRESTResponse' object has no attribute '_servable'

• 2.  RE: GHE integration with Rally
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2019 05:01 PM
    Hi Nelson,

I was going through the connector's documentation, and I can see it specifically says: 

"The connector will only search master branches for commits."

To answer your question: I'm unaware of a customer, or individual who changed this behavior. I would look into GitHub's own API to learn how it can be done, then check the connector's code to learn how it needs to be modified.

I did some search and I found this thread that discusses a similar error of the Rally's Python toolkit: "'RallyRestResponse' object has no attribute". It's for another attribute, but perhaps you can look into this more closely and see if that can help you fix it for the '_servable' attribute. This page suggested a work-around to replace the offending attribute's name with the more accurate name, so in case you learn that '_servable' isn't the accurate name, hopefully you can similarly replace it, but that will mean you'll modify the underlying pyral library.

If not, then my next suggestion will be to more closely into GitHub's API and double-check the connector's code and see what it would take to modify it correctly (perhaps it's more than only replacing 'master' with 'a-branch-name'). 
    It looks like this page should help providing some insight about working with other branches.

I hope this helps. If none of it does - then probably best you opened a support case, however, there's a good chance that since this connector is documented to only work with 'master' then Support will require that this becomes an enhancement request rather than a break-fix issue.

Thanks,
    Sagi