Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to publish the Release Planning Board to non-Agile Central users?

• 1.  How to publish the Release Planning Board to non-Agile Central users?

Posted Jan 25, 2019 01:16 PM

I love the Release Planning Board.

It communicates a Delivery Team's priorities, % Complete, and when the team targets to complete a Feature.  An IT Delivery Team generally receives work from people all across our company.

The problem we have is how do we best publish a Delivery team's roadmap to our internal customers?  Here are some ideas I thought of.

• Option 1:  Grant all our internal customers an AC license and publish the link to the team's Release Planning page.  The problem with this option is that we have 10K internal customers so that option does not make financial sense.
    • Option 2:  Create a generic UserName and password, publish the link to the team's Release Planning page + Guest credentials.  The problem with this option is that from a security perspective, this is a terrible idea.  
    • Option 3:  Screenshot and paste images of the roadmap in a Google Slides presentation.  The problem with this approach is that it will take forever to refresh the roadmap deck.  
    • Option 4:  I noticed there's a way we can publish the Release Planning Board outside of Agile Central.  The source code is in GitHub.  We then host the page in a secured page that our internal users can access.  Problem with this idea is that this is a bit too technical for me to figure out how to do properly.

What does the CA Rally community recommend for solving this problem?  

• 2.  Re: How to publish the Release Planning Board to non-Agile Central users?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2019 04:57 PM

Giovanni, Obviously we want to encourage users to use Agile Central.  Sharing an ID is not only a security risk but goes against the intent of Product Licenses.  The Release Planning Board from Github is an app used within Agile Central, it is not an external App that can be used outside of AC.  That leaves two realistic options; 1) create ID's for those who need to see the planning board or 2) incorporate screenshots into your process to provide those without access and licenses to view the data.  I hope that makes sense.  Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,

Edwin